The Student Room Group

Popular YouTube star Christina Grimmie Murdered Shot and Killed After Concert

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Oh s***! Sorry, 13.

I agree with your point, and cannot be asked to counter it, as I'm studying.
Thanks for it anyways. I promise to return to it in a month or so...

Spoiler

But the time you took to type this you could've typed out a response ....
and 13 is proper young
Reply 21
Original post by 0to100
Ok so killing is bad, we know this. You keep running away deflecting the fact that the US can't sort their issues out because of fear and greed. Can you admit this because you need to.

What issue in particular are you talking about?
Original post by Listers
What issue in particular are you talking about?

...????

You having a laugh? The post you first quoted me with? The **** gun laws and border control US has?
Reply 23
if their government didn't make it so easy to obtain a gun none of this would have happened, can't believe that has happened as she was so sweet and I used to love watching her covers on YouTube, she was also great on the voice:frown:
Reply 24
Reply 25
Original post by sadixx
if their government didn't make it so easy to obtain a gun none of this would have happened, can't believe that has happened as she was so sweet and I used to love watching her covers on YouTube, she was also great on the voice:frown:

1. It wasn't the current US Government that made it so easy to obtain a gun, it was the founding fathers to allow their people to protect themselves against Tyranny.

2. This is a false statement because a criminal would still be able to obtain a gun even if there were laws preventing them from doing so.

It's also not a coincidence that as soon as countries like Turkey, the Soviet union, Australia, Uganda, Germany (during WW2) And many others established strict gun laws that a massive amount of people couldn't fight and defend themselves allowing criminals to kill them at will
Reply 26
Original post by 0to100
...????

You having a laugh? The post you first quoted me with? The **** gun laws and border control US has?

There's nothing wrong with the Gun laws in America.

Border control is an issue, but that right now isn't the topic, neither is gun control.

Let's mourn the girl now and debate about ammunition later.

From the 1st link:

Chicago, IL Inside the city limits of Chicago, not a single gun shop can be found they’ve been outlawed. With is nearly 3 million residents, Chicago has the most stringent gun laws in the nation.
Gun laws were so strict, in fact, that in 2010, the US Supreme Court interveined saying the law was going to far.

Can't with those spelling errors but ok. I underlined the part where it says Chi has the strictest gun laws, as a reminder of your claim that those places with the highest gun crime have the strictest gun laws. While the first few sentences in your 2nd link say the exact opposite.

And the 2nd link lists the top 10 most violent and Chicago isn't on that list...so ok. Anyway I gotta have a kip.
Original post by Listers
There's nothing wrong with the Gun laws in America.

Border control is an issue, but that right now isn't the topic, neither is gun control.

Let's mourn the girl now and debate about ammunition later.

Nah
Original post by Listers
Newsflash.

The guy is a criminal. Making a law banning guns isn't going to stop or prevent criminals for having and obtaining guns, it will only make gun crimes skyrocket which is why states in America with the strictest gun laws have the most gun crimes.

While I see your point, I don't agree with your opinion of not controlling gun laws, it's self explanatory why they need to, the fact that the USA allows the free control is what mind boggles me.
Reply 30
Original post by 0to100
From the 1st link:

Chicago, IL Inside the city limits of Chicago, not a single gun shop can be found they’ve been outlawed. With is nearly 3 million residents, Chicago has the most stringent gun laws in the nation.
Gun laws were so strict, in fact, that in 2010, the US Supreme Court interveined saying the law was going to far.

Can't with those spelling errors but ok. I underlined the part where it says Chi has the strictest gun laws, as a reminder of your claim that those places with the highest gun crime have the strictest gun laws. While the first few sentences in your 2nd link say the exact opposite.

And the 2nd link lists the top 10 most violent and Chicago isn't on that list...so ok. Anyway I gotta have a kip.

The second link was a mistake, I'm not sure why I linked that post here's the one I wanted to post

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-10-06/the-problem-with-using-chicago-to-make-the-case-against-gun-control

Chicago have double the gun crime rates of New york even after having the strictest gun laws in the North of America.
Original post by Listers
The second link was a mistake, I'm not sure why I linked that post here's the one I wanted to post

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-10-06/the-problem-with-using-chicago-to-make-the-case-against-gun-control

Chicago have double the gun crime rates of New york even after having the strictest gun laws in the North of America.

Your point is? Anyway think about it while I go nap alrite. Peace.
Reply 32
Original post by Rhythmical
While I see your point, I don't agree with your opinion of not controlling gun laws, it's self explanatory why they need to, the fact that the USA allows the free control is what mind boggles me.

What do you mean by free control?

Because people who obtain guns legally do certainly do not get them easily in states with very strict laws.

Florida being one of them, which is where this poor girl got killed.

Did you even read the article you linked? Here is literally the first two paragraphs:

President Barack Obama claimed that “states with the most gun laws tend to have the fewest gun deaths.” Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina, meanwhile, has made nearly the opposite claim, saying states with stringent gun control laws have “the highest gun crime rates in the nation.”
In looking solely at the numbers of gun deaths and gun crimes, the data back up Obama, not Fiorina.

There you go. Argument over. More gun control = less deaths from guns, how is this illogical to you? Now about your first link, the MASSIVELY BIASED article doesn't prove anything at all, and is approaching the issue with so much political postulating and so little objectivity it's pretty ridiculous. Here's a quote:
The ban on assault rifles, a high-capacity magazine ban, and nowhere to purchase ammo makes Chicago one of the toughest places in the country to obtain a serviceable and firing weapon, legally.
So there you have it. This is the strictest that gun control get's in America. Are you really surprised that something so horrible could still happen? A ban on assault rifles still has every other type of gun available. Having nowhere to purchase ammo in the city doesn't stop people going out of it, or buying them buy other means. This isn't gun control.
Original post by M14B
No idea who she is, but anybody dying is bad news

Wait even Trump?
Reply 35
Original post by 0to100
Your point is? Anyway think about it while I go nap alrite. Peace.

Point if you read the article is that Chicago has strict gun laws but had over 2,000 gun related crimes in just a few months, so preventing access to guns isn't going to reduce gun crimes in america significantly.

later
WHAT? I was only watching her yesterday...
Original post by Listers
Point if you read the article is that Chicago has strict gun laws but had over 2,000 gun related crimes in just a few months, so preventing access to guns isn't going to reduce gun crimes in america significantly.

later

Right mate you've got your hands full with vadermolt's response to you. Read it seriously.
Reply 38
Original post by vadermolt1
Did you even read the article you linked? Here is literally the first two paragraphs:

There you go. Argument over. More gun control = less deaths from guns, how is this illogical to you? Now about your first link, the MASSIVELY BIASED article doesn't prove anything at all, and is approaching the issue with so much political postulating and so little objectivity it's pretty ridiculous. Here's a quote:
So there you have it. This is the strictest that gun control get's in America. Are you really surprised that something so horrible could still happen? A ban on assault rifles still has every other type of gun available. Having nowhere to purchase ammo in the city doesn't stop people going out of it, or buying them buy other means. This isn't gun control.

Like I already said, the second link was a mistake. I'm not sure why or how i posted it, the first link isn't Biased, it just states facts.

Having regulations around who can get a gun legally is probably the only way gun crimes can be limited, but banning assault rifles, or other kinds of guns isn't going to prevent criminals from obtaining guns.
Reply 39
Original post by 0to100
Right mate you've got your hands full with vadermolt's response to you. Read it seriously.

She basically repeated what you said about the second link.

Nothing new

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending