Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Should the age of consent be increased to 18?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

(Original post by paul514)
    Top Bantz but your right they will so for me it's about who is legally allowed to 'bang' them

Posted from TSR Mobile

so 17 and 19 yr olds is defo out of line? I don't think so.

(Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Yes, that's a more accurate name, but I believe it is already defined in law what 'age of consent' is, so there is no real need to change it.
    but it's not an "age of consent". it's an "age of allowed sex" - consent would still exist whether or not it was allowed to lead to sex.

(Original post by banterboy)
    so 17 and 19 yr olds is defo out of line? I don't think so.
    Refer to my comment a page or two back and you shall see I think it should be lowered with two tiers

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest in the medical profession provided the individual is competent and has capacity, contraception would be issued provided they knew all the associated risks and different forms that exist ie pill and DVT. You always try to make sure there's no abuse or coercion into getting contraception and frankly increasing the age wouldn't really affect prescribing contraceptive techniques. Leave it as is I say.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.