The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 4A (Geography Fieldwork Investigation)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForcaPortugal
Doesnt mean they won't come up again

Yes it does .
Reply 41
Can someone please help me out: If a question like ' explain how ICT skills help improve geographical understanding.'

What ICT skills would i mention and what are their advantages??
Reply 42
Original post by CLGC98
Can someone please help me out: If a question like ' explain how ICT skills help improve geographical understanding.'

What ICT skills would i mention and what are their advantages??

Is this for the seen or unseen?
Reply 43
Do you need to be able to calculate a set of data using Mann Whitney u? Or chi squared? If so, how does it work?
Reply 44
Original post by Lugine
Do you need to be able to calculate a set of data using Mann Whitney u? Or chi squared? If so, how does it work?

No you won't... You will have to be able to interpret it... Basically talk about what it is showing
4 Assess the implications of your conclusions for geographers and/or other interested parties.
Does anybody know how you would go about answering this question??
Reply 46
Original post by Lugine

You wont need to carry out a calculation , but do need to know how to interpret results. your text book/cgp revision guide provides a good explanation! :smile:
For skills, if they ask to complete a Spearmans rank, mann whitney or Chi squared question, will they give the formula for it? or should we memorise it?
Reply 48
Original post by CLGC98
You wont need to carry out a calculation , but do need to know how to interpret results. your text book/cgp revision guide provides a good explanation! :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 49
Original post by monikapatel1
For skills, if they ask to complete a Spearmans rank, mann whitney or Chi squared question, will they give the formula for it? or should we memorise it?

They give the formulas.
Reply 50
Does anyone have the mark scheme for June 2012? I would like to read the answer to the 12 mark question in section B about statistical tests.
Original post by CLGC98
They give the formulas.

Reply 52
Original post by troynuttall17
4 Assess the implications of your conclusions for geographers and/or other interested parties.
Does anybody know how you would go about answering this question??

How will your conclusions help other people. I am doing secondary succession and I was able to accept 1 hypothesis at a 99% critical level... This is helpful as it showed succession is occurring.... It might be useful for other schools who want to use my data as secondary data... It could be useful for the national trust as they can predict likly changes in the future

And then say
I had to reject one hypothesis... I came up with reasons why it didn't fit the expected model and came up with reasons .... This is useful and it demonstrates the need to do more then one fieldwork, the effects of external factors...

Hope it helps
what kind of things have people done for their own investigations or fieldwork? I looked at succession in woodlands :tongue:
Original post by meganseahorses
what kind of things have people done for their own investigations or fieldwork? I looked at succession in woodlands :tongue:

changes in characteristics along a stream channel. so interesting... not :frown:
Reply 55

Same🙌🏼
what do you all hope comes up tomorrow.
Kinda hoping ICT comes up as it's never been up :smile:
Untitled.png
Original post by SJJ97
Same🙌🏼

Glad I chose it because I know the theory side pretty well. Think I can wing it, or at least the first part. Good luck :h:

Succession of a psammosere - some pretty good sand dunes 30 minutes away, so it was quite easy. Especially good since it came up on GEOG3 exam as well!
Original post by SJJ97
How will your conclusions help other people. I am doing secondary succession and I was able to accept 1 hypothesis at a 99% critical level... This is helpful as it showed succession is occurring.... It might be useful for other schools who want to use my data as secondary data... It could be useful for the national trust as they can predict likly changes in the future

And then say
I had to reject one hypothesis... I came up with reasons why it didn't fit the expected model and came up with reasons .... This is useful and it demonstrates the need to do more then one fieldwork, the effects of external factors...

Hope it helps

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending