The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 4A (Geography Fieldwork Investigation)

Hi!

Currently doing a past paper for Geography Unit 4A on the AQA syllabus and one question is asking me to select one technique of data presentation I used in my investigation and how the technique aided my interpretation of the data!

Would scattergraphs be acceptable? How do I write 8 marks on a scattergraph?!

Many thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ForcaPortugal
Hi!

Currently doing a past paper for Geography Unit 4A on the AQA syllabus and one question is asking me to select one technique of data presentation I used in my investigation and how the technique aided my interpretation of the data!

Many thanks!

Hey! Scatter graph is usually analysis. Presentation typically involves kite diagrams, isopleth/isoline maps, that kinda thing.
Does anyone have a checklist of what we need to know, will be really helpful, thanks
Hi!

Many thanks!

Scattergrphas are acceptable for data presentation, the line of best fit is only acceptable for data analysis
Excellence many thanks fellow geographers!
Reply 5
Does anyone have any predictions for this exam yet?
Reply 6
What do you think the unseen will be on?
I am hoping for Desire, trip and flow lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 8
scatter graph is what we use to present our data (analysis would be spearmans rank or chi squared etc); write about why you chose to use a scatter graph and why is was appropriate for your investigation. Identify in your answer whether it showed anomolies, the correlation of your graph and the strength of the correlation :smile: should get you 8 marks if you go into enough detail, particularly on why it was suitable for your particular investigation
Reply 9
I am hoping for Desire, trip and flow lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they came up in last years section B :frown:
Original post by loz182
they came up in last years section B :frown:

Doesnt mean they won't come up again
Reply 11
I think analysis techniques
predictions for part b?
techniques of data presentation and possibly data analysis
Reply 14
It's so hard to predict! Last year was cartographic and the year before was presentational techniques so it's less likely to be those. I'm thinking statistical/ analysis or graphical
Reply 15
Sampling techniques hasn't come up since 2010?
Original post by L1lly
Sampling techniques hasn't come up since 2010?

what are sampling techniques?
Reply 17
Original post by CharlieeY
what are sampling techniques?

Stratified, random, systematic
Probably going to try and wing it yolo
Need to revise 😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending