The Student Room Group

What salary are you aiming to earn when you are 25?

Scroll to see replies

Around 30k if I get onto my planned graduate career path. My degree ends when I'm 22, so around 3 years of work hopefully. If I can get into university in the first place.
£40,000
If I become what I want to become then 60-80K and if not then I'd say 45-50K

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends which career path I take but hopefully 500k+ if all goes to plan
Reply 44
£1,000,000,000,000 jk :biggrin:
Probably: £35,000? Unless I decide to further past undergrad. WHO KNOWS! :tongue:
35k +
It'll probably be my second or third year of teaching so £22k+
The dream is to study medicine so I'd be in FY1 training. Should be around £27k but who knows what's going to happen...? (:colonhash:)
about 76,000
Around 25k - 30k

I plan to study International Relations at Uni then look into my options. I'd love to be a journalist or work for the civil service, although I could study economics and pursue a risky passion for trading currencies in London (should the opportunity arise)
Nothing. I'll still be studying.
Original post by thegodofgod
If all goes to plan, I'll be a band 6 hospital pharmacist in the 2nd year of my diploma in Inner London, so I would be on approximately £31500, give or take.

Advice please about pharmacy. How hard is it to become a 'hospital' pharmacist?
What kind of AS and A Level grades do you need?
Original post by JDPokemonTrainer
Advice please about pharmacy. How hard is it to become a 'hospital' pharmacist?
What kind of AS and A Level grades do you need?

Not as difficult as you might think. If you get anything along the lines of AAB or above (including Biology and Chemistry), you should be okay.

The key thing to getting in to hospital pharmacy is work experience, in my opinion; you need to have something so that you stand out from the crowd who also want to be hospital pharmacists.

That means:
- having plenty of work experience (I worked as a counter assistant / dispenser in an independent community pharmacy full time during the summers of 1st and 2nd year of MPharm, and I've now got a 4 week hospital pharmacy summer placement at one of the largest NHS Trusts in the UK this summer)
- having good clinical knowledge of medicines (which I developed in part by becoming familiar with them whilst working as a dispenser)
- knowing a bit about the profession and recent relevant issues (e.g. doing some wider reading including reading articles in the Pharmaceutical Journal, to which you get free access as a student member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society)
- among other things, e.g. getting involved in research in an area you're interested in, writing for your pharmacy school newspaper etc.

Hope this helps!
Original post by thegodofgod
Not as difficult as you might think. If you get anything along the lines of AAB or above (including Biology and Chemistry), you should be okay.

The key thing to getting in to hospital pharmacy is work experience, in my opinion; you need to have something so that you stand out from the crowd who also want to be hospital pharmacists.

That means:
- having plenty of work experience (I worked as a counter assistant / dispenser in an independent community pharmacy full time during the summers of 1st and 2nd year of MPharm, and I've now got a 4 week hospital pharmacy summer placement at one of the largest NHS Trusts in the UK this summer)
- having good clinical knowledge of medicines (which I developed in part by becoming familiar with them whilst working as a dispenser)
- knowing a bit about the profession and recent relevant issues (e.g. doing some wider reading including reading articles in the Pharmaceutical Journal, to which you get free access as a student member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society)
- among other things, e.g. getting involved in research in an area you're interested in, writing for your pharmacy school newspaper etc.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply. Whats the highest salary you can get in hospital pharmacy?
Whatever,
Im just happy to be alive
About £28,000 realistically.
Wow everyone is ambitious! I'll be happy to be employed, with a salary hopefully above 20k :redface:
you guys all have 0 ambition...
Original post by JDPokemonTrainer
Thanks for the reply. Whats the highest salary you can get in hospital pharmacy?

Top of Band 9 (£99,437 at the moment, with up to £6,405 more if you're based in Central London), as the Chief Pharmacist - you would be in charge of the whole pharmacy team, which at a large NHS Trust could include 250-300 staff, of whom about 75-100 would be pharmacists.
40-60k

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending