The Student Room Group

OCR Applied Business A2

Is anyone else doing the OCR A2 Business exam on tuesday, Strategic Decison Making ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am yeah :smile:
I am too.
Reply 3
I am, how do you all feel for it?
Original post by JPFM
I am, how do you all feel for it?

Good I guess. The question I'm most worried about is something like this: Evaulaute the staffing issues Snowden might have choosing option 6.
Reply 5
Original post by CynicalRaven
Good I guess. The question I'm most worried about is something like this: Evaulaute the staffing issues Snowden might have choosing option 6.

Would you just talk about the little training that the lozenge production line has so more people will have to be moved from the sweets line?
Reply 6
Question Predictions ?
Original post by JPFM
Would you just talk about the little training that the lozenge production line has so more people will have to be moved from the sweets line?

I think you talk about movement of staff from confectionary to lozenge, and then discuss wage rates, training, morale.

So will they be paid the minum wage? If not then how will the lozenge employees react?

Are the skills transferable, seeing from the example of Thaz clearly not? Will extra training be required? Is Chaz likely to approve that?

Morale, will confectionary employees be happy moving from a efficient line to an inefficient one?

It also seems like you can always talk about stuff being replaced by machines in these as every markscheme seems to have them. Honestly though, I've had to learn most of this over the last 3 days (Teaching issue at my school) so my response could be a bit yify.
Reply 8
I think you talk about movement of staff from confectionary to lozenge, and then discuss wage rates, training, morale.

So will they be paid the minum wage? If not then how will the lozenge employees react?

Are the skills transferable, seeing from the example of Thaz clearly not? Will extra training be required? Is Chaz likely to approve that?

Morale, will confectionary employees be happy moving from a efficient line to an inefficient one?

It also seems like you can always talk about stuff being replaced by machines in these as every markscheme seems to have them. Honestly though, I've had to learn most of this over the last 3 days (Teaching issue at my school) so my response could be a bit yify.

Yeah it has been at my school too, any predictions of what questions might come up? Ive got a feeling payback and arr might
Original post by JPFM
Yeah it has been at my school too, any predictions of what questions might come up? Ive got a feeling payback and arr might

Maybe, I personally hope there is a lot of maths and a low amount of definitions. I guess the ansoff matrix is a possibility, labour turnover and absteineems, maybe CPA especially in terms of lozenges. I have a feeling the 14 might be evaluating the efficiency between the two production lines.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Maybe, I personally hope there is a lot of maths and a low amount of definitions. I guess the ansoff matrix is a possibility, labour turnover and absteineems, maybe CPA especially in terms of lozenges. I have a feeling the 14 might be evaluating the efficiency between the two production lines.

I hope for that too. Any advice on the 20 mark question? I'm not really sure how to go about it
Original post by JPFM
I hope for that too. Any advice on the 20 mark question? I'm not really sure how to go about it

Well on the quantitive side you will have to wait for the exam but here is my qualitative side:

chart.jpg

I haven't completed this properly though as I run out of time also there are spelling mistakes, also what I meant by will anyone issue debt is will anyone give them a loan? and AP5 means appendix 5. Further, you will also obviously have to expand on these points in the exam.
Reply 12
Well on the quantitive side you will have to wait for the exam but here is my qualitative side:

chart.jpg

I haven't completed this properly though as I run out of time also there are spelling mistakes, also what I meant by will anyone issue debt is will anyone give them a loan? and AP5 means appendix 5. Further, you will also obviously have to expand on these points in the exam.

Thank you! When it asks which the best option is we'll have to link them together right?
Original post by JPFM
Thank you! When it asks which the best option is we'll have to link them together right?

Yes, hopefully they force us to chose from three of the 6 options as that would make the structure easier.
What does it mean about using qualitative and quantitative facts in the long answer
Original post by Cavilla1
What does it mean about using qualitative and quantitative facts in the long answer

Quantitive are things such as ARR, NPV, Breakeven, Costs
Qualitative are things such as experience of the personnel, stakeholder conflict etc
Reply 16
Is stakeholders likely to come up?
Original post by JPFM
Is stakeholders likely to come up?

I would say stakeholder conflict yes.
Reply 18
I would say stakeholder conflict yes.

Could that be between the two production lines and potentially Chas and the directors?
Original post by JPFM
Could that be between the two production lines and potentially Chas and the directors?

Yeah, you could technically use chaz and directors for all 3, if thats how many they want:

Workers pay rate on Herbal lozenge line, directors want fair and chaz wants lowest
Prices for herbal lozenges, same issue
Over the sale of shares, Directors want to remain in control and Chaz might want to sell to acquire capital
Fair trade sugar, directors want ethical sugar whearas Chaz wants to cut costs

You can also use the standard ones, like customers want the cheapest goods, workers want the highest pay etc.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest