The Student Room Group

I think I've completely missed the last deadline?!

I've been having so many problems with my student finance over the last few weeks: My NI not arriving over a whole 3 weeks of ordering them, problems creating my account, problems logging in, problems with my email. I was recently told to fill in a PN1 form, which I have, but I'm yet to post it.

Apparently, the latest you can apply is 9 months AFTER the academic year starts, which is either the 1st of September, January, April or July. Does this mean that applying for September 2016, I should've had my application done by July 2016? or July 2017??

My course starts October the 1st, and the academic year for my university starts 21st of September, does that mean that the latest I should've applied is the 1st of July, 21st of July or 1 of June?! Or does it mean none of those??

I'm completely thrown into a panic right now because if I can't get a whole years worth of finance, I have absolutely no other means of getting that money and I'd be forced to reject my offer. Although I can dish out a chunk of my initial savings, but not a whole year's worth.

Please help me, I'm so unsure of when I need to have handed this form in by, or when I need the money by, thanks.

As a note, in future, I'll be sure to get things like this done well in advance.
Original post by Oceancity
I've been having so many problems with my student finance over the last few weeks: My NI not arriving over a whole 3 weeks of ordering them, problems creating my account, problems logging in, problems with my email. I was recently told to fill in a PN1 form, which I have, but I'm yet to post it.

Apparently, the latest you can apply is 9 months AFTER the academic year starts, which is either the 1st of September, January, April or July. Does this mean that applying for September 2016, I should've had my application done by July 2016? or July 2017??

My course starts October the 1st, and the academic year for my university starts 21st of September, does that mean that the latest I should've applied is the 1st of July, 21st of July or 1 of June?! Or does it mean none of those??

I'm completely thrown into a panic right now because if I can't get a whole years worth of finance, I have absolutely no other means of getting that money and I'd be forced to reject my offer. Although I can dish out a chunk of my initial savings, but not a whole year's worth.

Please help me, I'm so unsure of when I need to have handed this form in by, or when I need the money by, thanks.

As a note, in future, I'll be sure to get things like this done well in advance.

If your course hasn't started yet then you have time still. The deadline of 9 months after the start of your course is for if you forget to apply completely but realise partway through the year that you need the funding...so it's NEXT spring for the year starting this Autumn.

The "deadline" for new applicants was end May - but that's the deadline to GUARANTEE you'll have your money for the start of term in Autumn. If you get your application in ASAP then there's a reasonable chance you wont have any problems - worst case scenario applying in the next week or so is that you'll end up with no money in the first term with your money for Autumn and Spring terms getting paid in January 2017 (so if your savings will cover you for that period then you'll be fine even if the worst happens!).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If your course hasn't started yet then you have time still. The deadline of 9 months after the start of your course is for if you forget to apply completely but realise partway through the year that you need the funding...so it's NEXT spring for the year starting this Autumn.

The "deadline" for new applicants was end May - but that's the deadline to GUARANTEE you'll have your money for the start of term in Autumn. If you get your application in ASAP then there's a reasonable chance you wont have any problems - worst case scenario applying in the next week or so is that you'll end up with no money in the first term with your money for Autumn and Spring terms getting paid in January 2017 (so if your savings will cover you for that period then you'll be fine even if the worst happens!).

Thanks a lot for the help mate!

I honestly just had a bit of a heart attack from exam stress and my finance application problems, I soon realised that I was overreacting, after posting this.

After I calmed down I realised that I'm still eligible for finance, I also contacted my uni and they said I could get coverage for the first term if problems continue with my application.

Cheers though, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending