The Student Room Group

3 Relocated Refugees Sexually Assault a 14-Year-Old Girl in a Park in Newcastle

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by irfan98
Well then what do you have to go on? At least i'm examining the data and sticking to facts - what evidence do you have that rapes are more common in Muslim countries?

It's not possible to compare because the law regarding rape isn't the same between Western and Muslim countries. In most cases, rapes are not reported because the victim can be sued for indecency. Marital rape isn't even recognised.
Original post by AlphaWolfZ
Now the Prophet married Aisha officially at around the age of 6

FTFY

which interestingly is the minimum age of marriage in some states in the USA (Virgina). The age difference may seem weird and wrong now, but back then it was normal. Isabella of Angoulême married King John when she was 12, he was 34 at the time."

The obvious distinction being that the UK King John isn't revered as some kind of religious prophet and the greatest man in history, and we don't try to emulate his behaviour. In fact, King John's reputation is broadly as a tyrant and an evil man.

Muslims on the other hand look up to Mohammed and emulate his actions. As such, the reference to King John only underlines how revolting it is that Muslims justify it
Reply 62
Original post by irfan98
Why are your stats more reliable than mine, if looking at stats is pointless? Or are stats only reliable of they reaffirm what you already believe?

You only have to use your brain.

In country A, rape is punished severely and victims are helped.
In country B, rape victims are prosecuted for indecency and shamed by their community.

In country A, victims are encouraged to report rapes, but not in country B as it would make things even worse. Country A will have stats with higher incidence of rape.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TaintedLight
Deportating people bet it a rapist or a murderer to a warzone (like syria) is against international law

this is why is want capital punishment reinstated :yy:

I started an online petition about two weeks ago calling for the death penalty to be reinstated. It won't ever happen of course. No Government in this country has the balls. I also posted a new post on TSR called "Should the Death Penalty Be Reinstated for Convicted Paedophiles"? Lots of people were against the idea.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by physicsphysics91
Three Syrian men have appeared in court accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in a park in Newcastle. Omar Badreddin, 18, Mohammed Alfrouh, 20, and Mohammad Allakkoud, 18, have pleaded not guilty. A 16-year-old-boy, understood to be Syrian, has also been charged with sexual assault. It is not known if he has entered a plea yet.

Mr Badreddin came to the UK from Jordan last November under the government's refugee resettlement programme. He and his family were judged to be vulnerable by the UN refugee agency. The three adults charged in connection with the alleged incident on 10 May have been released on bail.

Sickening. I really hope we vote LEAVE and regain control of immigration.

Disgusting. They should be deported back straightaway
Reply 65
Original post by Josb
You only have to use your brain.

In country A, rape is punished severely and victims are helped.
In country B, rape victims are prosecuted for indecency and shamed by their community.

In country A, victims are encouraged to report rapes, but not in country B as it would make things even worse. Country A will have stats with higher incidence of rape.

Country A being the UK? This being the country where 70-90% of rapes go unreported according to researchers at the University of Sussex, and where 94% of rape cases dont end in conviction? You take the classic position of: "our country is really Good because Our Values are superior, its Bad People from those Bad Countries over there that we need to defend ourselves against, because Their Values are inferior". Maybe know the facts before declaring how enlightened and civilised we are compared with the barbarous East?
Reply 66
Original post by irfan98
Country A being the UK? This being the country where 70-90% of rapes go unreported according to researchers at the University of Sussex, and where 94% of rape cases dont end in conviction? You take the classic position of: "our country is really Good because Our Values are superior, its Bad People from those Bad Countries over there that we need to defend ourselves against, because Their Values are inferior". Maybe know the facts before declaring how enlightened and civilised we are compared with the barbarous East?

It was a theoretical thinking, in which I tried to explain to you the effect that law/attitude regarding rape has on rape statistics. I see that you have missed the point.
I'm a passionate Brexiter. But one thing I worry about is if we leave the EU we don't have to have people from the EU coming here that we don't want in the country,EG lowlifes. But what about all the people who come to the UK from outside the EU like all the African countries? It won't stop them from coming.
Rapefugees aren't welcome.
Original post by slaven
Send all Syrian refugees to London. They have a muslim mayor who will be delighted to accept them.

Please don't.
Reply 69
Original post by Josb
It was a theoretical thinking, in which I tried to explain to you the effect that law/attitude regarding rape has on rape statistics. I see that you have missed the point.

No, it wasn't theoretical thinking, it was an analogy based on what you regarded as a real-life difference between the West and the Muslim world, whereby the West is really enlightened and civilised, and Muslims are the opposite. With regard to the effect that law/attitude regarding rape has on rape statistics, I just demonstrated that the law/attitude in the West is not demonstrably superior to that in the Middle East, and therefore your whole point about rape being more prevalent in Muslim countries than in Western societies is invalid.
Original post by Grand High Witch
By men or women? :s-smilie:

By men, of course,

The first time I travelled to Egypt when I was 18 I was propositioned twice. Friends of mine who have worked in the Gulf States say the same thing, that if you're in your late teens or early twenties are reasonably attractive and you don't have a beard you will probably get hit on.

It operates on two levels. First, I think the Middle East has an almost classical Roman sexuality thing going on (i.e. it's normal for men to be attracted to both women and male youths),. And then the segregation of the sexes and unavailability of sex before marriage, and the tendency of men to marry in their late 20s and early 30s. A lot of stuff goes on.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
If we leave the EU, France will no longer have to hold the refugees at Calais...

Do you have any evidence for that claim?
Reply 72
Original post by irfan98
No, it wasn't theoretical thinking, it was an analogy based on what you regarded as a real-life difference between the West and the Muslim world, whereby the West is really enlightened and civilised, and Muslims are the opposite. With regard to the effect that law/attitude regarding rape has on rape statistics, I just demonstrated that the law/attitude in the West is not demonstrably superior to that in the Middle East, and therefore your whole point about rape being more prevalent in Muslim countries than in Western societies is invalid.

God, you're thick. :facepalm:

THE POLICE DON'T CARE ABOUT RAPE IN MUSLIM COUNTRIES.
Original post by irfan98
Why are your stats more reliable than mine, if looking at stats is pointless? Or are stats only reliable of they reaffirm what you already believe?

and I quote from your stats

'Figures do not take into account rape incidents that go unreported to the police.'
We cant deport them back to a warzone, its against EU regulations lol.
Original post by Thutmose-III
Do you have any evidence for that claim?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/03/david-cameron-calais-refugee-crisis-francois-holland
Xavier Bertrand, the recently re-elected president of the Nord-Pas-de-Calais-Picardie region, has repeatedly said the Le Touquet agreement would be torn up if Britain left the EU. He said: “If Britain leaves Europe, right away the border will leave Calais and go to Dover. We will not continue to guard the border for Britain if it’s no longer in the European Union.”

Meanwhile, the French secretary of state for European affairs, Harlem Désir, told the French broadcaster RFI that the British contribution to the management of the crisis at the Calais camp now around €60m (£45m) would be increased by about €20m.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/mar/03/eu-referendum-french-calais-warning-dismissed-as-propaganda-by-brexit-campaign-politics-live?page=with:block-56d853b7e4b0e3026187a1ed#block-56d853b7e4b0e3026187a1ed
François Hollande, the French president, has warned that Britain will face “consequences” if it votes to leave the EU, suggesting this could lead to France scrapping the border deal that contributes to migrants heading for the UK being held back at Calais.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/the-jungle-thousands-of-calais-refugees-will-be-allowed-to-cross-channel-if-uk-votes-for-brexit-a6908891.html
Moving the Border Force checks to the UK could mean that refugees would be the other side of the Channel before being discovered, giving them the right to apply for asylum and stay in the country until a decision is made.

http://news.sky.com/story/1652394/brexit-could-bring-calais-jungle-to-britain
The Calais "jungle" refugee camp could be relocated to Britain if the UK chooses to leave the European Union, according to France's economy minister.In an interview with the Financial Times, Emmanuel Macron warned that Brexit would threaten the bilateral relationship between the UK and France.He said the Le Touquet Agreement, which allows British authorities to conduct border checks on the French side of the Channel, thereby keeping illegal migrants out, could be scrapped if the UK decides leaves the EU.
Original post by Josb
Will they be deported?

let's hope so.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Rapefugees aren't welcome.

Please don't.

'Rapefugees'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending