The Student Room Group

3 Relocated Refugees Sexually Assault a 14-Year-Old Girl in a Park in Newcastle

Scroll to see replies

This is going to happen a whole lot more in the future, especially if we remain in the EU. So don't go scratching your heads wondering what happened, you have been warned repeatedly and chose to ignore it. You "anti-fascist" fascists are directly responsible for this.
Reply 81
Original post by Josb
God, you're thick. :facepalm:

THE POLICE DON'T CARE ABOUT RAPE IN MUSLIM COUNTRIES.

And as I just pointed out, they dont seem to care very much about it in the UK either. I know its comforting to believe "we're Good, they're Bad", but there comes a point where you need to grow up.
Reply 82
Original post by irfan98
And as I just pointed out, they dont seem to care very much about it in the UK either. I know its comforting to believe "we're Good, they're Bad", but there comes a point where you need to grow up.

Can you find me a single occurrence of a rape victim that was prosecuted for indecency or adultery in the UK?
Reply 83
Original post by Josb
Can you find me a single occurrence of a rape victim that was prosecuted for indecency or adultery in the UK?

You said the "police don't care about rape" in Muslim countries. I just presented you with statistics from the University of Sussex which show that 70-90% of rapes go unreported in the UK, and 94% of rape cases don't end in conviction. You have yet to reply.
Original post by ZakiTheTory
If they are found guilty we should drop them right in the middle of ISIS controlled territory and let them rot.

We cant deport them to a warzone so they're here to stay.
Reply 85
Original post by irfan98
You said the "police don't care about rape" in Muslim countries. I just presented you with statistics from the University of Sussex which show that 70-90% of rapes go unreported in the UK, and 94% of rape cases don't end in conviction. You have yet to reply.

Do you have the same stats for Muslim countries?

Rapes are still underreported in Western countries, but it's much better than in Muslim countries, where they are not reported at all.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
idk where this sexual perversion comes from?

Animals have better self control , not even self control what kind of sick prick finds a 14 year old attractive.

in islamic cultures they dont share the idea of age limits as in other parts of the world. didnt mohammed find aisha attractive at 9 y/o or something - its jsut in that culture is something that they do. in other (non islamic) parts of asia, europe etc - the minimum age for sex is 16 or 18.
Original post by Chakede
in islamic cultures they dont share the idea of age limits as in other parts of the world. didnt mohammed find aisha attractive at 9 y/o or something - its jsut in that culture is something that they do. in other (non islamic) parts of asia, europe etc - the minimum age for sex is 16 or 18.

The minimum age at the moment is between 16-18 on average for males and females in most Muslim countries.
Reply 88
Original post by Josb
Do you have the same stats for Muslim countries?

Rapes are still underreported in Western countries, but it's much better than in Muslim countries, where they are not reported at all.

Yeah, I have no doubt that rapes are reported much less in countries where there is a stigma attached compared to countries where there is not such a large stigma. However, you say "Muslim countries" - what, all Muslim countries? Indonesia? Jordan? Turkey? Also, are many Christian countries much better - Central African Republic? Uganda? Eritrea?

On another note, one of Britain's worst paedophiles, Richard Huckle, was recently sentenced to 22 life sentences after being found guilty of sexually abusing up to 200 poor children in Malaysia. Perhaps Malaysia should respond by banning all tourism from the UK? There must be something wrong with the culture here, after all...
Original post by DeathGuardElite
I'm from Newcastle and i feel we should protect our own, the state has failed its people so should not be followed, even if we regain control of immigration the b****** are still here and should be shown no mercy.

So not even individuals then given a fair trial, just lump them all together? You should be proud.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
The minimum age at the moment is between 16-18 on average for males and females in most Muslim countries.

in mecca where islamic law holds - marriage age of consent for a female was 14 until international pressure pushed it to 18 in 2013. but still the age for sex is undetermined and in islamic law men can have sex with a 14 y/o if they wish
Original post by physicsphysics91
Three Syrian men have appeared in court accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in a park in Newcastle. Omar Badreddin, 18, Mohammed Alfrouh, 20, and Mohammad Allakkoud, 18, have pleaded not guilty. A 16-year-old-boy, understood to be Syrian, has also been charged with sexual assault. It is not known if he has entered a plea yet.

Mr Badreddin came to the UK from Jordan last November under the government's refugee resettlement programme. He and his family were judged to be vulnerable by the UN refugee agency. The three adults charged in connection with the alleged incident on 10 May have been released on bail.

Sickening. I really hope we vote LEAVE and regain control of immigration.

Sharia Law would stone them to death. Give all geordies a stone and let them deal out justice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by irfan98

where is the link you posted for this please?

Thanks, I just wanted to double check what the stats you posted in your previous post had to do with police 'not caring' about rape.

The 70-90% is of unreported cases which is nothing to do with police, and the 94% of cases not leading to conviction has numerous variables, the majority of which have little to do with police and more to do with laws, lack of evidence, fear of being a witness or taking the stand or the fact that some cases are not rape or are false.

The 50-66% being dropped by police is the only stat directly associated to police, and you've got to bare in mind that some cases are likely dropped due to lack of evidence (intoxicated or dark so suspect difficult to find) also while I'm not saying this is the majority, there are many cases of false rape happening which while not as bad as actual rape, they are extremely damaging to the individual who is falsely accused. When you apply that to the stat of 50-66% the amount of cases being dropped due to supposed 'not caring' is far lower than any of the percentages you posted.

Stats are useful but they have to be interpreted carefully when using them in a discussion.
Reply 95
Original post by philo-jitsu
Thanks, I just wanted to double check what the stats you posted in your previous post had to do with police 'not caring' about rape.

The 70-90% is of unreported cases which is nothing to do with police, and the 94% of cases not leading to conviction has numerous variables, the majority of which have little to do with police and more to do with laws, lack of evidence, fear of being a witness or taking the stand or the fact that some cases are not rape or are false.

The 50-66% being dropped by police is the only stat directly associated to police, and you've got to bare in mind that some cases are likely dropped due to lack of evidence (intoxicated or dark so suspect difficult to find) also while I'm not saying this is the majority, there are many cases of false rape happening which while not as bad as actual rape, they are extremely damaging to the individual who is falsely accused. When you apply that to the stat of 50-66% the amount of cases being dropped due to supposed 'not caring' is far lower than any of the percentages you posted.

Stats are useful but they have to be interpreted carefully when using them in a discussion.

The following quotes are from the link I posted:

"They assembled a group of international academics to review current research findings relating to the problem of ‘attrition’ when victims are reluctant to report rape in the first instance, police choose not to pursue cases, prosecutors drop referred cased before trial, and jurors prefer to acquit than find defendants guilty".

"The group found that there was a vicious cycle of public attitudes towards rape which ultimately led to these low levels of conviction. For the vast majority, the ‘stranger in the bushes with a knife’ story is the only one that constitutes ‘real rape’. When discussing or considering incidents that don’t conform to the stereotype, people often blame the victim for example presuming that women provoke rape through their appearance, implying that they exaggerate assault behaviour, exonerating perpetrators by agreeing that once a man is aroused he is unable to rationally control his actions, and suggest that only women who frequent bars or get drunk - get raped".

“What people do not realise is that more often than not the victim knows their attacker and the assault takes place without visible injury. If people were aware of facts like these more victims may report their assault and juries may be less likely to acquit defendants in court, and as a result more criminals would be convicted.”

All of this points towards a cultural and institutional acceptance of rape, or at the very least casual dismissal of the victims. In particular, the revelations that "when victims are reluctant to report rape in the first instance, police choose not to pursue cases, prosecutors drop referred cased before trial, and jurors prefer to acquit than find defendants guilty" should be treated with alarm. I think all of this shows that in the West we are not as superior as we would perhaps like to think we are.
To think there isnt a problem would be foolish i completely agree....but there is also a problem that seems to be growing with people being falsely accused of rape.

Additionally while our culture/legal system is by no means perfect, i think that the people who were comparing the countires with which the majority of refugees come from, with our country were more than correct in there assumption that our culture/ legal system, while not perfect is decades ahead of any of the countries where these refugees are coming from....do you disagree?

Alot of people use this response (our country isnt perfect) to take away from the fact that the countries these refugees are coming from have far lesser evolved beliefs, particularly when it comes to equality with woman/sexual preferences.

I also believe people who are anti immigration are always accused of hating migrants, i am well aware of migrants role in making our country what it is, i just believe bringing in poor low skilled migrants just produces more segregation.

As theyre low skilled (not there fault) they end up in low income areas which due to low job prospects makes crime a more attractive prospect. Additionally you get small areas with large amounts of migrants, so as they interact with there own culture of people they never integrate with british culture. Which leads to culture clashes on both sides.

By all means bring in migrants, but bring in migrants who can actually integrate, and flourish, not migrants who will take low paid jobs thereby lowering the value of british job markets and its economy in the long run.
Reply 97
To think there isnt a problem would be foolish i completely agree....but there is also a problem that seems to be growing with people being falsely accused of rape.

Additionally while our culture/legal system is by no means perfect, i think that the people who were comparing the countires with which the majority of refugees come from, with our country were more than correct in there assumption that our culture/ legal system, while not perfect is decades ahead of any of the countries where these refugees are coming from....do you disagree?

Alot of people use this response (our country isnt perfect) to take away from the fact that the countries these refugees are coming from have far lesser evolved beliefs, particularly when it comes to equality with woman/sexual preferences.

I also believe people who are anti immigration are always accused of hating migrants, i am well aware of migrants role in making our country what it is, i just believe bringing in poor low skilled migrants just produces more segregation.

As theyre low skilled (not there fault) they end up in low income areas which due to low job prospects makes crime a more attractive prospect. Additionally you get small areas with large amounts of migrants, so as they interact with there own culture of people they never integrate with british culture. Which leads to culture clashes on both sides.

By all means bring in migrants, but bring in migrants who can actually integrate, and flourish, not migrants who will take low paid jobs thereby lowering the value of british job markets and its economy in the long run.

First of all, on the point about our culture/legal system being decades ahead of the countries where refugees are fleeing from, I think it very much depends. Obviously, in terms of internal freedoms and women's rights and areas such as that, we're a lot more advanced by any standard. However, it's also important to remember that fundamentalist Muslim countries don't invade and occupy lots of other countries for a decade the way that we do, nor do they imprison people without charges and torture them in secret prisons all over the world or send drones to other countries to kill their innocent men, women and children. Also, it's important to remember that we're propping up many of the most extreme, fundamentalist regimes in Muslim countries, and so you cannot entirely separate out our so-called Western values from their so-called Third World values.

Secondly, when you talk about migrants clashing with 'British culture', I don't think there is any objective 'British culture'. What would you define British culture as? Whatever your definition is, it's bound to conflict with another British person's definition. Culture is not something fixed and unchanging, but something fluid and ever-changing in my opinion. That's what is beautiful about British culture - it is a mix of many different cultures, past and present, and this makes life so much more varied and interesting.

Thirdly, I think the crucial point is that we have a moral responsibility for many of the refugees currently entering Europe, particularly the ones from Syria. We destroyed Iraq, and so exacerbated the Sunni/Shia divide beyond measure, as well as created the perfect conditions of hopelessness and devastation within which extremism could thrive. We also armed extremist groups in Syria at the start of the civil war even as we knew what their sympathies were, and it was out of this chaos from which ISIS sprung. Even now, we are currently raining down bombs on Raqqa and Mosul, and so killing civilians as well as increasing support for extremism. We probably have a bigger responsibility for refugees than any other country in Europe. While we fret about a tiny minority of migrants coming into the country, Syrians despair over seeing their country literally torn to shreds. Considering Lebanon and Jordan are taking in masses, and they're hardly responsible, we could at least take some responsibility for our actions instead of abandoning our victims to misery and death.
They don't invade and occupy by choice? Or is it because they can't? Saddam Hussein had a very good go at occupying Kuwait did he not? Your telling me you think if Muslim countries had the power to occupy Israel and Europe they wouldn't?

Also you say Muslim countries, I didn't mention them once in my post so it's interesting you mention them? But while we are on the subject you mention Britain doesn't have a culture? I think it does, and it is one of the best on the planet when it comes to equality and freedoms. A prime example of a culture clash would be when a new worker at my job refused to shake the hands of my boss because she is female, to me that is discrimination by definition, and a huge mark of disrespect, but nothing was said because it's his religion!? Additionally my sister works at a builders merchant near burnley, the majority of Muslim men who come into the shop flat out refuse to be served by her despite her being a manager.

This is what I'm referring to when I say culture clash, and yes your right there are different interpretations of British culture, but if my definition means I won't shake a woman's hand I'm branded a misogynist, but if a Muslim does this it's okay?

If I go to Saudi Arabia with a woman and she wears a dress in public, or isn't accompanied by me she won't be let off because she's British,but we allow them to keep there culture, which is fine, unless it goes directly against the equality and freedoms that make our culture one of the best.

As I said some of the hardest workers and nicest people I've met have been migrants (including Muslims) but bringing in large quantities when there aren't the facilities to accommodate them leads to segregation not integration which is the problem.

I'm all for migration, when we can accommodate it and also when it's done methodically for the improvement of our country, which is a point that is hard to disagree with no?

Also your last point about our responsibility, I along with a large majority of people disagreed with the occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan, it was our government, not our culture that occupied. Lumping British culture in with the military generals who carry out drone strikes and occupy countries is like comparing all Muslim countries with Isis, how much say did the people have to prevent the occupation of Iraq? Zero, so no I don't think British people as a whole owes anything to other countries. (Just a disclaimer I fully support our troops, our military is filled with men and woman who basically said to our government here is my life, use it to protect our people, unfortunately politicians priorities are ****ed up, but that doesn't take anything away from our armed forces as individual people)
Reply 99
They don't invade and occupy by choice? Or is it because they can't? Saddam Hussein had a very good go at occupying Kuwait did he not? Your telling me you think if Muslim countries had the power to occupy Israel and Europe they wouldn't?

I'm not interested in what Muslim countries would do in a hypothetical, abstract world in which they have the same power as Western countries, and nor should you be. Our primary responsibility as human beings is for the crimes that we are directly involved in in this reality, not in some hypothetical situation. In this reality, it was us who invaded and destroyed Iraq, and therefore we should take responsibility for that.

Also you say Muslim countries, I didn't mention them once in my post so it's interesting you mention them? But while we are on the subject you mention Britain doesn't have a culture? I think it does, and it is one of the best on the planet when it comes to equality and freedoms. A prime example of a culture clash would be when a new worker at my job refused to shake the hands of my boss because she is female, to me that is discrimination by definition, and a huge mark of disrespect, but nothing was said because it's his religion!? Additionally my sister works at a builders merchant near burnley, the majority of Muslim men who come into the shop flat out refuse to be served by her despite her being a manager.

You don't directly mention Muslim countries, but you do say that our society "is decades ahead of any of the countries where these refugees are coming from"; many of those countries where refugees are coming from are Muslim countries, so it just seemed like an obvious point. Secondly, I didn't say that Britain doesn't have culture, just that its culture is indefinable, because it is a blend of many different cultures. You detail some anecdotal evidence about Muslims refusing to shake hands with women and not treating women as equals, and I could relate to you a lot of anecdotal evidence from women in this country who've been wolf-whistled and harassed while walking down the street by native Brits. Patriarchal oppression takes many forms.

This is what I'm referring to when I say culture clash, and yes your right there are different interpretations of British culture, but if my definition means I won't shake a woman's hand I'm branded a misogynist, but if a Muslim does this it's okay?

No, when a Muslim does it it's not okay. But honestly, is this a huge problem? It takes time for people to integrate - I assume you're referring to first-generation migrants. The next few generations should be perfectly settled in.

If I go to Saudi Arabia with a woman and she wears a dress in public, or isn't accompanied by me she won't be let off because she's British,but we allow them to keep there culture, which is fine, unless it goes directly against the equality and freedoms that make our culture one of the best.

The same thing was said a few decades back in this country, just as it's said every few decades when a new wave of immigrants comes in, this idea of us needing to shield our culture otherwise it'll be destroyed and stop being one of the best. At the end of the day, British culture has been strengthened and diversified throughout the centuries by newcomers, and that isn't going to stop now. The first generations are always the hardest to assimilate, but that'll come with time.

As I said some of the hardest workers and nicest people I've met have been migrants (including Muslims) but bringing in large quantities when there aren't the facilities to accommodate them leads to segregation not integration which is the problem.

If there are the facilities to accommodate weapons manufacturing and a 700-room palace, I'm sure we could find room for some immigrants, just as we could find room for all of the homeless and destitute in this country if we really tried.

I'm all for migration, when we can accommodate it and also when it's done methodically for the improvement of our country, which is a point that is hard to disagree with no?

Yes it is hard to disagree with this because I completely agree. And we can accommodate it, and it is being done methodically for the improvement of our country.

Also your last point about our responsibility, I along with a large majority of people disagreed with the occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan, it was our government, not our culture that occupied. Lumping British culture in with the military generals who carry out drone strikes and occupy countries is like comparing all Muslim countries with Isis, how much say did the people have to prevent the occupation of Iraq? Zero, so no I don't think British people as a whole owes anything to other countries. (Just a disclaimer I fully support our troops, our military is filled with men and woman who basically said to our government here is my life, use it to protect our people, unfortunately politicians priorities are ****ed up, but that doesn't take anything away from our armed forces as individual people)

I fundamentally disagree with this, apart from your last point about not blaming the military for government policy. We as the British people are totally responsible for the occupation of Iraq, just as we're totally responsible for the crimes of our government right now. We live in a democratic society, meaning we have the freedom to influence policy. And no, I don't mean by voting, which has become near-meaningless in recent years; I mean by organising ourselves into coordinated, worker-controlled collectives that work outside of official channels in order to force the government's hand. This kind of thing is relatively easy to do once citizens overcome the systems of domination and control which exist in society. A good example was during the Vietnam War, when ordinary Americans recognised their collective responsibility for the slaughter in Indochina and prevented civil society from functioning, thus forcing the government to take notice and ultimately forcing them to withdraw. Ordinary citizens have so much power, especially in democratic societies. In totalitarian countries such as Saudi Arabia (which we prop up, incidentally), the same argument couldn't be made; ordinary Saudi citizens have much less responsibility for the crimes of their leaders, A because they don't elect them and B because they don't have the option of taking to the streets in protest without being gunned down. We have the luxury of actually having a say in policy, and therefore our responsibility is much greater. Simply by allowing civil society to function we are complicit in our government's crimes, and that includes current crimes in Syria, Iraq and elsewhere, and therefore we as a society have an enormous responsibility for the refugees in Europe, who are for the most part fleeing our crimes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending