Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

2017 starter

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm thinking of putting Keele down as my safe choice for science with foundation year in 2017 as am struggling with AS levels at the moment. Does anybody know what the course is like and if you pass the first year can you then go onto MSCI chemistry. Also can you get a student loan for the foundation year?

    Hi lrosiep
    You are able to progress onto the MChem course (the undergraduate Masters Chemistry course) from the Science foundation year and you would be able to claim student finance for your Foundation Year. Unfortunately however as the MChem is a 4 year course and the foundation year is a 1 year course, you wouldn't be able to apply for student finance for all years (as you can have a maximum of 4 years under student finance).

    You are more than welcome to discuss some options with our Money, Advice and Guidance team, details of which can be found here: http://www.keele.ac.uk/studentfunding/aboutus/

    I hope this helps but if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to get in touch!
    Sam - Digital Team
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.