The Student Room Group

Should teachers be able to text students?

Idk but I suspect some students texting teachers from my school, im not sure but Ive heard rumours and tbh if it is the case I might end up smashing everyone's heads together JK. Favouriting students and making it apparent is ridiculous and it makes my skin crawl, why do teachers want to make friends with students? They've either been neglected by the staff and kicked out the teacher's whatsapp group so they feel the need to join students. I swear its illegal right? Idk I might be over thinking the situation but I definitely think something suspicious is going on because my friends have told me that they were in class one day and saw a student who is weirdly close to the teacher 'secretly' texting and every time she sent a message, she would look at the teacher and the teacher would look down at her phone like she's received a message? THESE ARE RUMOURS BTW but its probably true as they are "close" so yeah what are your opinions?
Reply 1
Original post by nadiakms
Idk but I suspect some students texting teachers from my school, im not sure but Ive heard rumours and tbh if it is the case I might end up smashing everyone's heads together JK. Favouriting students and making it apparent is ridiculous and it makes my skin crawl, why do teachers want to make friends with students? They've either been neglected by the staff and kicked out the teacher's whatsapp group so they feel the need to join students. I swear its illegal right? Idk I might be over thinking the situation but I definitely think something suspicious is going on because my friends have told me that they were in class one day and saw a student who is weirdly close to the teacher 'secretly' texting and every time she sent a message, she would look at the teacher and the teacher would look down at her phone like she's received a message? THESE ARE RUMOURS BTW but its probably true as they are "close" so yeah what are your opinions?

I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
Reply 2
Original post by luciie
I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

but its just rumours hmmmm well it could be possibly true
I used to e-mail and text my Maths teacher during my GCSE period whenever I needed help during study period.

I think it's fine as long as it's study related. If it's close friendship wise then that's a bit weird :K:

Plus OP, like you said, those are rumours.
Reply 4
Original post by Namita Gurung
I used to e-mail and text my Maths teacher during my GCSE period whenever I needed help during study period.

I think it's fine as long as it's study related. If it's close friendship wise then that's a bit weird :K:

Plus OP, like you said, those are rumours.

I feel convinced that its more than "study help", i find it very unusual tbh
Fine in sixth form I think, I had I think three teachers' numbers but I wouldn't have text conversations or anything, was useful just in case though.
Original post by nadiakms

It's fine, I guess because theres a male teacher in my school who talks to us mostly about school stuff and queries. If it was a person of the opposite sex though about other stuff then yh that's worng

Quick Reply

Latest