The Student Room Group

Media studies

To Media studies students/ people that can convert the grades into ums
I got a A in the controlled assessment 72/90 (60%) what would I need in the exam on science fiction to get a A overall (40%)

Cheers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Could be anyone, doesn't have to be people that studied gcse media
Are you talking about how many marks you'll need? I am quite confused about the question you are asking?
Reply 4
Original post by loveleest
Are you talking about how many marks you'll need? I am quite confused about the question you are asking?

Yep..
Original post by Lalarw
To Media studies students/ people that can convert the grades into ums
I got a A in the controlled assessment 72/90 (60%) what would I need in the exam on science fiction to get a A overall (40%)

Cheers

It depends on the grade boundaries, these are the grade boundaries for last year ( find the media studies one).
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2015.PDF
It's not too brutal and very doable
Reply 6
Original post by CorpusLuteum
It depends on the grade boundaries, these are the grade boundaries for last year ( find the media studies one).
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2015.PDF
It's not too brutal and very doable

I know the grade boundaries, but what do u think I need
Original post by Lalarw

Um, it says on the pdf: 42 marks out of sixty for an A. Media studies is a breeze anyway, you'll do well dont worry.
Original post by Lalarw

Also, 37 marks out of sixty would still get you an A if you have an A in course work.
Reply 9
Um, it says on the pdf: 42 marks out of sixty for an A. Media studies is a breeze anyway, you'll do well dont worry.

Yeah but my coursework gets converted into Ums and that gets added to the final marks that get converted, something like that init?
Reply 10
Also, 37 marks out of sixty would still get you an A if you have an A in course work.

Right, I appreciate it man.
Original post by Lalarw
Yeah but my coursework gets converted into Ums and that gets added to the final marks that get converted, something like that init?

It still works the same way...
Reply 12
It still works the same way...

Can you help me out with gcse drama?
Original post by Lalarw
Can you help me out with gcse drama?

How? I'll see...
Reply 14
How? I'll see...

I got two A's in the course work which is worth 60%, what would I need in the other 80 marks to get a A overall
Original post by Lalarw
I got two A's in the course work which is worth 60%, what would I need in the other 80 marks to get a A overall

Idk what exam board you do, find your exam board and go on their grade boundaries for last year, then check what mark you need to get a B.
I've never done Drama so I don't know what it is supposed to be.
Reply 16
Idk what exam board you do, find your exam board and go on their grade boundaries for last year, then check what mark you need to get a B.
I've never done Drama so I don't know what it is supposed to be.

EDEXCEL, 58 was a B
Everyone said that I smoked it tbh, played a 64 year old man ffs
Original post by Lalarw
EDEXCEL, 58 was a B
Everyone said that I smoked it tbh, played a 64 year old man ffs

I don't understand how the exam is marked, sorry mate.
Reply 18
I don't understand how the exam is marked, sorry mate.

It was a performance hahaha, what subjects u doing and what u hoping to get #ggmu
Original post by Lalarw
It was a performance hahaha, what subjects u doing and what u hoping to get #ggmu

I'm doing all the core, done media, R.E, Art, geography, german and bleh I can't remember.

Quick Reply

Latest