The Student Room Group

Is edexcel better than cambridge?

I want to do Maths, Further Maths, Phy and Chem in A levels. Which exam board is better ?
Reply 1
Original post by hamza.sheikh
I want to do Maths, Further Maths, Phy and Chem in A levels. Which exam board is better ?

Probably Edexcel resources wise.
I've had both and prefer Edexcel for maths. CIE isn't bad per se, it's just has like 1000x less resources. For Maths& FM it shouldn't be that bad, but when it comes to Physics and Chem, you might 'struggle'.
Original post by jamestg
Probably Edexcel resources wise.

And difficulty wise?
Original post by Imperion
I've had both and prefer Edexcel for maths. CIE isn't bad per se, it's just has like 1000x less resources. For Maths& FM it shouldn't be that bad, but when it comes to Physics and Chem, you might 'struggle'.

Is it harder to get an A* in CIE ?
Is it harder to get an A* in CIE ?

Various factors of course will affect that, it's hard to say. At GCSEs I'd say yeah, CIE's iGCSE is just devil spawn compared to the rest but at AL, not so much.
Various factors of course will affect that, it's hard to say. At GCSEs I'd say yeah, CIE's iGCSE is just devil spawn compared to the rest but at AL, not so much.

Are there people who do like two A levels of the same subject but different exam boards?
Are there people who do like two A levels of the same subject but different exam boards?

Yeah, there are. If you're doing it privately, I believe it boils down to choice, with a school or centre you'd probably go with whichever they've picked. I'd say just go fully with Edexcel and save yourself time looking for resources to barely any avail, still boils down to you, however.
Yeah, there are. If you're doing it privately, I believe it boils down to choice, with a school or centre you'd probably go with whichever they've picked. I'd say just go fully with Edexcel and save yourself time looking for resources to barely any avail, still boils down to you, however.

Thanks for the advice. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest