The Student Room Group

Computer Animation or Animation Production

I'm in Year 11 but I know that I'd love to have a career in Animation/Computer Visualisation. Art and Media are my strongest subjects and maths/technical subjects are subjects I could get by with. I know that computer animation is starting to become the future of films and TV but are there still prospects for traditional animation jobs? There's so much variation in Animation courses available but I don't know which course would be more valuable to me and be looked better upon by the animation industry. Any thoughts about the pros and cons of going into Computer animation and Animation production? Would it be better to keep focussed on the digital aspect of the field?
Original post by mcagx
I'm in Year 11 but I know that I'd love to have a career in Animation/Computer Visualisation. Art and Media are my strongest subjects and maths/technical subjects are subjects I could get by with. I know that computer animation is starting to become the future of films and TV but are there still prospects for traditional animation jobs? There's so much variation in Animation courses available but I don't know which course would be more valuable to me and be looked better upon by the animation industry. Any thoughts about the pros and cons of going into Computer animation and Animation production? Would it be better to keep focussed on the digital aspect of the field?

Hey there,

Where in future would you like to study?

Are you planning to study in London?

I think it would be better for you to go to open days and see it for yourself as you can ask current students who's doing the course you're interested in or even tutors :smile: it's hard to say as you might change your mind once you find out what your strengths and things you need to improve on.

if you have time come visit us this coming open day For tickets click here
Check us out Ravensbourne :biggrin:

We have a amazing range of courses that you may be interested in!

Hope to see you soon and good luck
Ahlia

Quick Reply

Latest