Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

A2 resits next year?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 11-10-2016

Hey guys, i have a lot of questions to ask so thought id create a thread!

Firstly a bit of background information. I began studying for the AS exams in September 2014. In December of that year i was taken out of my sixth form due to medical reasons, and did not return for the rest of the year. I still took my exams in June and managed to get AABD at AS. I dropped the subject i got a D in at A2. Starting this year things were very challenging, as i was well enough to come back to sixth form full time. Ive been doing well in my classes, and my work (past papers etc.) has improved considerably in my favourite subject, psychology (i also take double health and social care.) Recently my anxiety has been very bad, and i do not deal well with stress. Despite doing well in mocks and past papers, i feel as though i have done badly/not at all to the best of my ability in my first psychology exam due to feeling so anxious in the exam. I wish to study psychology at university, and my entry requirements are at least AAB (im on track for an AA in h+sc). I no longer think its possible for me to get a B in psychology I suppose what im trying to ask is, despite A levels changing would i still be able to resit old specification exams next year? It seems very unfair if not. Also, will i have to resit the whole year or could i just chose to resit one or two exams? Has anyone had any experience with resitting A2 exams? If you have id love to know you experience of resitting e.g. did you resit the whole year? how many exams did you resit? how did you find the experience of resitting? where did tou resit your exams? AND of course what were your grades before and after resitting!

Thanks in advance for any help

(Original post by yasminzaraa)
    I suppose what im trying to ask is, despite A levels changing would i still be able to resit old specification exams next year?
    Yes for all subjects and all examiners it will be possible to resit any AS or A2 unit exams next summer. The examiners are setting the papers and I think all have already published the draft timetable. It probably will not be possible to "retake" the year and attend lessons as they will be teaching the new specification so you will need to self study and enter as a private candidate. Whether your current school/college will accept private candidates or offer specific resits is up to them. Most will not have decided yet but you could check with the exams team. Many will decide not to and so you may have to hunt around to find somewhere to take them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.