The Student Room Group

please help !!!writing outside lines in my aqa gcse science papers

i wrote underneath the lines provided for the answer and did arrows to where there was more space to finish writing my answer will this is get marked. Please help i have been so worried. also i did asterisks (*) to write extra information and some of the words are written vertically if you know what i mean .will this get marked.
Original post by ZH786
i wrote underneath the lines provided for the answer and did arrows to where there was more space to finish writing my answer will this is get marked. Please help i have been so worried. also i did asterisks (*) to write extra information and some of the words are written vertically if you know what i mean .will this get marked.

If the writing was outside of the border, probably not, as only everything inside the black border is scanned in.

But if you're talking about the space below a series of lines, then it should be fine, especially since you indicated with an asterisk that there was more in your answer.
Reply 2
phew. :innocent: thank you!!!! and no i did not write outside the border line.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
If the writing was outside of the border, probably not, as only everything inside the black border is scanned in.

But if you're talking about the space below a series of lines, then it should be fine, especially since you indicated with an asterisk that there was more in your answer.

You know on Edexcel maths ,i wrote a trial and improvement answer on the answer box.However the working out,i wrote it under the line(still within the grey border overall).Will it still get marked?
Original post by Blancosdos
You know on Edexcel maths ,i wrote a trial and improvement answer on the answer box.However the working out,i wrote it under the line(still within the grey border overall).Will it still get marked?

I'm not absolutely sure! I think examiners are given individual questions to mark, so they can only see parts of the page, but I think that they might be able to see the whole page if they realised that the answer was not complete. It might depend on the examiner.
Reply 5
you know on like every paper ive written off the line on almost every question (not outside the boxes tho)

if it isnt marked im actually failing like
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not absolutely sure! I think examiners are given individual questions to mark, so they can only see parts of the page, but I think that they might be able to see the whole page if they realised that the answer was not complete. It might depend on the examiner.

Hmm.Someone said they can zoom in and out.Btw my answer defo shows that the working out was no complete in the given space.
Original post by Blancosdos
Hmm.Someone said they can zoom in and out.Btw my answer defo shows that the working out was no complete in the given space.

It should be fine, then. Hope so, at least.
It should be fine, then. Hope so, at least.

I remember last year...for b1..i wrote under the lines(Ik i did,i always do LOL)..The result wasn't too bad.It was for AQA tho.I'm sure it'll be fine(OP)
Reply 9
I was talking to friend about this and she said she did the same thing for pretty much all her exams, she even did arrows around the page. but she said that as long as it is within the border everything will get marked because the paper is scanned and everything inside the border is scanned and viewed by the examiner so i am assuming they can clearly see that a question has not finished and is being carried on so it should get marked. Hopefully !!
hey i know this is like 5 years later and u probably don’t remember but i’m doing my exams now and have done the same thing when u got ur results was it fine or did it penalise ur grade

Quick Reply