The Student Room Group

If I don't get my predicted grades

I've applied to go from a state school into a grammar school for sixth form and I managed to get a conditional offer! What would happen if I don't get my predicted grades even though I get an A/A* in the subjects I want to study. Would they would still give me the space even though for some subjects instead of achieving the A I was predicted I get a B.
Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Basically they send you a letter and they state the grades you need to get. You need to get all of them, otherwise no grammar school.
Reply 2
i think it depends on what the sixth form wants you to get in your GCSEs
for most sixth forms the minimum grade in a subject that you have to get is a B only if you want to continue that subject on to Alevel
im not sure about grammar schools and their sixth forms
they may give you a space if you get grade Bs in the subjects that you want to study but if you get As/A*s than im sure they will take you.
just be confident and focus for your next exams
i hope this helped and i hope you get into this sixth form or any other sixth forms that you want to go to:smile:
You have failed to meet their conditions. they then have discretion as to whether they want to take you or not. They may or they may not totally up to them whereasd if you get the grades, then they have to take you.
what subjects and what are the requirements? my school (grammar school) want minimum of A for subjects wanted for A-Level and a B in maths ENglish and science if not taken for a-level

Quick Reply

Latest