The Student Room Group

What are your parents' views on gay people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ravioliyears
Yeah this (but with a girlfriend lmao)

:five:
My parents have always said to let other people do whatever they want especially in their private lives as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
Original post by Alexion
:five:

*fist bump*

Spoiler

*fist bump*

ayyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Well they accept it as long as no one of their children are homosexual yet I'm bisexual so what do I even do? :colone:
Original post by Alexion
ayyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes:

Spoiler

:mmm:

Spoiler

Reply 46
Original post by EllainKahlo
My mum is tolerant but deep down, I know she's uncomfortable with them.
My dad is also tolerant but holds many internalised prejudices. He thinks anything other than heterosexuality is a result of sexual abuse as a child. That's his rationalisation for the existence of homosexuality. I genuinely believe he's repressing his own homosexual curiosities because he's obsessed with drag queens, shows about gay people and ladyboys. Yet insults them constantly.

Lol-my parents are the exact same!
My parents are tolerant. My mum used to be a bit iffy about it but then she watched The Imitation Game and got really sad at how they treated Alan Turing, and her mind changed completely 😂 (I think the fact that Benedict Cumberbatch played Turing helped, because she's obsessed with Sherlock)
:mmm:

Spoiler

:closedeyes:

Spoiler

I don't even know tbh
I've never asked my parents and they've never talked about it.so idk
and even if I do ask them now,they'll probably look at me like : she's weird today.Why did she bring such a random question up.
My Mum thinks homosexuals couples are disgusting and that homosexuals should get delivered because they have demonic spirits in them (Excuse me, my Mum and I were raised in a Pentecostal environment so excuse these weird thought)

I have challenged her ideas on it and yet she justifies her beliefs from the bible...Me and my Mum just have different views on most things unfortunately.
Original post by Alexion

Spoiler

Original post by Alexion

What did I ever do? :cry:
Original post by Rhythmical
What did I ever do? :cry:

Fisted everyone, remember :wink:
Parents - homophobic af. Always make stupid comments about gay people when they appear on TV, saying they're disgusting etc... In fact, I have given up arguing with them and just tune them out when they talk stuff as I'm friends with a few gay people.

Rest of the family - doesn't care.
Original post by Alexion
Fisted everyone, remember :wink:

Oh yeah just blame me. :tongue: Like how you know my name :wink:
Original post by Rhythmical
Oh yeah just blame me. :tongue: Like how you know my name :wink:

:giggle:

Spoiler

Original post by Alexion
:giggle:

Spoiler

As if anyone reads that! :tongue: I never knew you were bisexual. :wink: