The Student Room Group

UCAS points from musical instruments

How many UCAS points do I get from Level 7 PASS in guitar? It says how many credits there are but I'm just wondering how many I'd get?
Reply 1
Original post by Emeliaaaaa
How many UCAS points do I get from Level 7 PASS in guitar? It says how many credits there are but I'm just wondering how many I'd get?

Hey :smile: I've just moved this to our 'applications and UCAS' forum for you. Hopefully someone will be able to give you the answer you're looking for in here :h:

Look at this table: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/tariff-tables/1086

So 40 UCAS points for a pass at grade 7.

Unless you're applying for a music related course then tariff points from music grades aren't likely to be taken into account for any offers.

Tariffs change for 2017 entry - are you applying to start this Autumn or later?
Original post by TheOtherSide.

This table only applies to 2016 entry applications. From 2017 the tariff amounts change significantly.

For 2017 entry, that would give you 10 points. However, unless you're applying for a music related course they probably wont count those in your offer, sorry.
Original post by PQ
This table only applies to 2016 entry applications. From 2017 the tariff amounts change significantly.

Oh right, apologies about that info, then.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Oh right, apologies about that info, then.

It might be relevant to the OP or it might not - depends when they're applying:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle
For 2017 entry, that would give you 10 points. However, unless you're applying for a music related course they probably wont count those in your offer, sorry.

Thank you, I was looking at UWE and it was asking for UCAS points over grades, so would they consider the 10 from the instrument?
Thank you, I was looking at UWE and it was asking for UCAS points over grades, so would they consider the 10 from the instrument?

Only they can tell you that, but if it isn't relevant to the course, I wouldn't bank on it.
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
Unless you're applying for a music related course then tariff points from music grades aren't likely to be taken into account for any offers.

Tariffs change for 2017 entry - are you applying to start this Autumn or later?

Yes, I'm applying in Autumn, I was looking at a university that was wanting UCAS points instead of specific grades, so would they look at the points from the instrument in this case? (I'm wanting to do psychology)

It doesnt appear that they do,from a quick look on their website, i think you'd be best to email admissions to be sure.
Yes, I'm applying in Autumn, I was looking at a university that was wanting UCAS points instead of specific grades, so would they look at the points from the instrument in this case? (I'm wanting to do psychology)

It's unlikely they'd take it into account for psychology, sorry

Any university that accepts Ucas points from a guitar qualification for a degree in psychology puts me in mind of Groucho Marx when he said, 'I don't want to belong to any club that has people like me as a member'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending