Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Dentistry as a graduate

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    So after (nearly) 3 years working as a Pharmacist I have come to the realisation I would like to pursue my original career goal of when I was at college. I was not able to apply for Dentistry originally as my A-levels were not good enough, I got 3 B's (Bio,Chem,Maths).

    I feel like I may have royally screwed myself over though as I put no effort into my MPharm and so ended up with a 2:2 as I resigned myself to the fact I was not going to go to Uni again after a 4 year degree and so was not really motivated to get any higher than a 2:2. How wrong was I...

    Looking at the entry requirements 2:1 as a minimum seems the norm but how flexible is this requirement with individual universities?

    PS: be as brutal as you feel necessary, is my ambition too ambitious?

    Apply to Peninsula, they prefer graduates even though it's an undergrad course. This is due to them recently changing from grad entry to undergrad.
    • Thread Starter

    KCL will accept applications from those with a 2.2 if they have a Masters with a 'merit' classification. Can this be a masters in anything? And can it be one that is studied part time?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.