The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I like getting my legs out tbh like nice and cool and nice to show some flesh given tights hide it for the rest of the year and I imagine tights in this weather is really sweaty ! :/
Tights are alright, and they go with lots of my clothes, but I prefer skinny jeans, high-waisted jeans, and ripped jeans, but not the loose-type, they just ugleh. :biggrin:
I just really don't like my legs that much, so I always wear black tights with skirts and dresses that are above the knee. That being said, I'll usually be found in jeans anyway.
Reply 83
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Tights are alright, and they go with lots of my clothes, but I prefer skinny jeans, high-waisted jeans, and ripped jeans, but not the loose-type, they just ugleh. :biggrin:

you prefer skinny jeans? they look amazing in white on girls :biggrin:
Original post by Drex50

Yupp i have a pair of white skinny rippe jeans ❤️
Original post by Drex50

Yupp i have a pair of white skinny ripped jeans ❤️
Reply 86
Yupp i have a pair of white skinny ripped jeans ❤️

Yupp i have a pair of white skinny rippe jeans ❤️

Are you sure? :biggrin:
ok honestly there are 2 reasons

1: we haven't done (wax shave epilate whatever) our legs maybe

2) we've been told that tights make dresses look more decent - ok sometimes i get it, some skirts just fly up in the wind and tights are our saving grace. but also sometimes it's just older ladies in society who present this philosophy that somehow bare legs look too informal (?) even though a thin layer off stretchy, semi opaque fabric really doesn't change much, especially when it's a skirt or dress that would never take off in the wind or reveal anything if you bend all the way down
ok honestly there are 2 reasons

1: we haven't done (wax shave epilate whatever) our legs maybe

2) we've been told that tights make dresses look more decent - ok sometimes i get it, some skirts just fly up in the wind and tights are our saving grace. but also sometimes it's just older ladies in society who present this philosophy that somehow bare legs look too informal (?) even though a thin layer off stretchy, semi opaque fabric really doesn't change much, especially when it's a skirt or dress that would never take off in the wind or reveal anything if you bend all the way down
Original post by Drex50
Are you sure? :biggrin:

Lool yh my phone was f'ed up but yh I do 😂
I don't feel comfortable having my legs on show, not for modestly reasons. I just don't think it looks good on me as I have bulky thighs, tights can make them appear slimmer. I also have really uneven skin tone all over my body, so don't like having my skin on show. I've recently started buying longer skirts that go past the knees though and I don't wear tights with those.
Reply 91
Original post by 1999_student
and agree tights are uncomfy

Just seen this

Noooooo
- I don't like my legs
- I don't want to/haven't shaved
- I like the way tights look
- the skirt is too short to be appropriate
- I don't want people to see my underwear
- it's too warm for jeans but too cold for bare legs (because when is Britain ever warm enough?)
Reply 93
Original post by ConicalFlask
- I don't like my legs
- I don't want to/haven't shaved
- I like the way tights look
- the skirt is too short to be appropriate
- I don't want people to see my underwear
- it's too warm for jeans but too cold for bare legs (because when is Britain ever warm enough?)

:rofl:
Reply 94
Being a guy I don't know what it's like to wear tights but I imagine not very comfortable. My girlfriend/fiancee absolutely hates them. She says if you normally go bare legged your legs get acclimatised to colder weather so you're just as warm as someone who normally wears tights or even trousers.
I used to wear these leggings from Boots that were a bit like tights. I work nights and in winter it get's too much having to work outside for hours.

Boots don't seem to sell them anymore, so I bought 100 denier tights instead and they're just as comfy and also keep the feet a bit warmer too.
Because they look good & it's not that hot, tights are also quite thin so they don't make you feel that hot.
Reply 97
bump :rofl:
For a bit of added modesty for shorter skirts or dresses, and also because my legs aren't all that nice. I have a lot of lumps and bumps and redness and discolouration on my legs, so it looks nicer to me when I'm wearing tights and you can't see that.
I love the way they make me feel. I feel sexier and it feels better if you have super soft ones.If it's hot you can go thinner to 40 or 60. For me there is nothing sexier than a girl in tights. I think they add extra elegance and create a better silhouette with dresses or with shorts. I couldn't go bare legged- because I wouldn't be comfortable, i'd be too worried if i hadn't shaved my legs properly and I have bumps that can be hidden better with solid black ones . xDD

Latest

Trending

Trending