The Student Room Group

when can i take a gcse privately?

i want to take gcse buisness privately because i regret not taking it instead of taking spanish so i wanted to know what months i could take the exam at the centre? like next year january or june? has anyone else done this before?
GCSE Business is pants, but I imagine you would take the exam at the same time as everyone else, so you'd have to take it in June-ish.
Reply 2
Original post by Abstract_Prism
GCSE Business is pants, but I imagine you would take the exam at the same time as everyone else, so you'd have to take it in June-ish.

dammit i wanted to do in january but my school is considering if we should drop one of our subjects next year so it might help but thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Haroony
i want to take gcse buisness privately because i regret not taking it instead of taking spanish so i wanted to know what months i could take the exam at the centre? like next year january or june? has anyone else done this before?

Next Summer is your only option but it would be hard to achieve as a private candidate as you would need someone to supervise your controlled assessment.
I'd focus on your exsisting GCSE's unless you know you are going to get a top mark and it would affect your others. You arent going to lose out on anything by not having studied it and GCSE Spanish is more useful imo.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
I'd focus on your exsisting GCSE's unless you know you are going to get a top mark and it would affect your others. You arent going to lose out on anything by not having studied it and GCSE Spanish is more useful imo.

I am fine in every other subject mostly A's and one or two B's but the only one i am failing atm is Spanish which i am probably gonna get a C if i had never flopped this one speaking assessment and i might drop spanish anyway
btw do you have to do coursework for business gcse or is theree an option where you do not have to?
Reply 6
Original post by Haroony
I am fine in every other subject mostly A's and one or two B's but the only one i am failing atm is Spanish which i am probably gonna get a C if i had never flopped this one speaking assessment and i might drop spanish anyway
btw do you have to do coursework for business gcse or is theree an option where you do not have to?

I think Economics GCSE might not have coursework. All Business Studies GCSEs do. However, you'd be better off just concentrating on what you are doing. You can take A level Business without having taken GCSE.
(edited 7 years ago)
No idea youd have to look the syllabus for each up and decide which oen you want to do.
My point is I wouldnt overplay the ysefulness of a single GCSE except to have Maths and English.

Quick Reply

Latest