The Student Room Group

AQA Roman Epic -the Aeneid Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Do we need on have learned stuff about the Iliad, I know a lot about the Odyssey, but very little on the Iliad as my teacher has not taught us anyhting.. Would we get a question on it?
Original post by Cressida_Tess
i reckon dido might come up as well, and perhaps book 12 for the iliadic section of the epic?

What's the iliadic section of the epic?
Original post by Classics7979
What's the iliadic section of the epic?

books 7-12, books 1-6 take on the template of Homers Odyssey, the second takes on the template of the Iliad. It's recognised as the war books in comparison to the first half which are recognised as adventure/wanderings.
Original post by Oochiecoo
Do we need on have learned stuff about the Iliad, I know a lot about the Odyssey, but very little on the Iliad as my teacher has not taught us anyhting.. Would we get a question on it?

no you don't need to know anything on the Iliad, it's just what that half of the book is recognised as
Feeling so worried about the exam now
Does anyone have any good notes on the Augustan values/laws etc. really panicking about putting context into the 40 marker
Original post by koolcucumber
Does anyone have any good notes on the Augustan values/laws etc. really panicking about putting context into the 40 marker

Was going to ask the same sort of question later, I know the general stuff, emphasising importance on religion etc but don't have any specific references or laws
Reply 27
Was going to ask the same sort of question later, I know the general stuff, emphasising importance on religion etc but don't have any specific references or laws

Would it help everyone if i typed up all my notes on Augustus and context and put them up on here? I have a template saved already so i can just add some stuff in, would it help?
Original post by Azael274
Would it help everyone if i typed up all my notes on Augustus and context and put them up on here? I have a template saved already so i can just add some stuff in, would it help?

that would really help me, thank you so much!!! :smile: but please don't feel you have to if you are pushed for other subjects or want to revise for this, wouldn't want to distract you from your own revision,

thanks
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Reply 31
Okay, here's all my notes on context:
Those notes are insane! Uuhhh I'm getting really worried!!
Thank you both so much!! My teacher gave me nothing like that, you can tell you both are going to do so well on Tuesday, i don't even know where to start revising for the 40 marker, unless Aeneas as a roman hero comes up I'll be screwed
Reply 34
I'm just starting to analyse the 40 markers and think you're right, it's practically the same question, I'm hoping this paper is nicer than today's one, really sick of aqa and just want summer to arrive

WORD^
Not going to revise turnus because I would rather focus on women etc. Do you think that is a safe bet
Can anyone help me with revising women, what main characters should in revise, so clueless about this exam!
Not going to revise turnus because I would rather focus on women etc. Do you think that is a safe bet

What are you focusing on particularly on women? I'm so stuck
Haven't started yet but just going to look at Juno, Venus, dido because a few people said she might come up, camilla etc
Reply 39
What kind of question could come up for women? I want to practice one but there aren't any to go on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending