The Student Room Group

How to show my passion for dentistry?

I have gotten 2 weeks of work experience and I am also about to do 3 months of volunteering. Do you think this is enough? And what else can I do?
Original post by dakofsta
I have gotten 2 weeks of work experience and I am also about to do 3 months of volunteering. Do you think this is enough? And what else can I do?

Was the 2 weeks of work experience in a general dental practice? If so, then you're good to go. Dental schools in my opinion are more bothered about GDP work experience since it reflects the most likely job of a Dentistry graduate. What else can you? Not meaning to be too philosophical but have a think about it for yourself. If you are truly interested in Dentistry you should be able to look past the "checkboxes" attitude and be able to discover these things. I will emphasise that while it is important to gain minimum "quantity" requirements such as work experience, what is more important is that you can demonstrate why you found this useful. As I've said before, if you have a genuine interest/passion for Dentistry you will be able to realise this for yourself by being reflective (which is a key quality of being a Dentist, or any health care professional for that matter).

Quick Reply

Latest