Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guy doesn't want to be with me but flirts all the time

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

I've liked a guy for almost 6 months, and we were seeing each other, and I wanted it to become something more serious but in the end he didn't.
    He changed his mind a lot about me over the course of these few months, saying he was interested, then that he only liked me as a friend, then interested again.
    Anyway his final conclusion was that he really likes me a lot, and finds me really attractive, but he feels that I'm more quiet than him and that he just didn't get that 'feeling'.
    Anyway, I'd felt a little led on by him and we had a bit of an argument.

We used to talk every day but stopped, the people who I told said he was an idiot, I could do better etc.. It was his birthday the other day so I wished him a happy birthday. We ended up talking, and he'd been cold with me the other day but started being nice again.

We ended up talking and joking just like before and having some good discussions. We're both into fitness and the gym so we talked about that, and the convo ended with him saying I've got a very shapely figure, and then he said he wasn't saying this to annoy me, but I had a really nice bum.

I tried to change the subject as it tends to get very flirty between us, so I just talked about something else.

I told my 2 friends and they said how out of order he is flirting with me like that only a week after telling me he didn't want a relationship, me and him were too different etc.

my friend thinks he does really like me and is just confused, and the second one thinks he just likes the attention from me and takes advantage of the fact that I like him. He's started to like more of my stuff on fb and she says it's because he doesn't wan tto lose my attention.

What do people think? Thanks

and that flirting is not new, we have hooked up a few times over the course of the last few months, but he's always said I'm really pretty, and always goes on about how great my body is. he also compliments my personality though; saying how kind and funny I am; he's just confusing...

He's pumpin n dumpin you

He wanted us t ostop seeing each other, so we're not anymore, and I also wanted to as well because I wanted something more. But even though we've stopped, he still flirts, so it's confusing..

He's a tease, which is not an attractive trait in either sex. The best bet is to go pretty cold on him and focus on finding someone who is up for a relationship.

So do you think he's not interested at all he just likes to flirt? Yeah ishould do that

F*ck him (maybe the wrong choice of words lol).The simple fact is that he's explicitly said that he doesn't want a relationship with you. He might be happy "seeing" you, but if he doesn't want to become anything more than the larger point is that he's looking for something else. Would you trust them in a relationship?

There's literally 4,000,000+ guys aged 20-24, it's not as though you have slim pickings and obviously some guys within that demographic might care about you.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.