The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

DrEvil
Ask your room mate if they'd like to join in. Then - Nobody will be left out :smile:

*laughs* Yes, and I'll not have a roomie at all by the next evening 'cause they've transferred out... :P
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Ray Oceanweaver
*laughs* Yes, and I'll not have a roomie at all by the next evening 'cause they've transferred out... :P

I think you need to be a lot more confident than you are at the moment about Uni room sharing because it might not be as bad as you think as long as you do try your best and make an effort to get on with your room-mate.
arkbar
This is because Mildert is superior.

Hell yes.:smile:
linka1
I think you need to be a lot more confident than you are at the moment about Uni room sharing because it might not be as bad as you think as long as you do try your best and make an effort to get on with your room-mate.

I'm actually really looking forward to it, despite how I come across. I'm just vaguely terrified at the prospect of living with other people my age, let alone someone in the same room as me. I'm completely unused to anything like that, being an only child. But I'm sure I'll be fine and enjoy it!
Reply 24
Ray Oceanweaver
I'm actually really looking forward to it, despite how I come across. I'm just vaguely terrified at the prospect of living with other people my age, let alone someone in the same room as me. I'm completely unused to anything like that, being an only child. But I'm sure I'll be fine and enjoy it!

Which college are you at?
If you share do you get much space? Doing music, I am probably going to be bringing a full sized keyboard, as well as a huge collection of music books and things.
Reply 26
angus_mcfisher
If you share do you get much space? Doing music, I am probably going to be bringing a full sized keyboard, as well as a huge collection of music books and things.

From Manchester? Ooh that's going to hard to try and shift all that :smile: Thankfully I have managed to get a lift and offer to share petrol costs. The obvious advantage is being able to get straight to the college doorstep and it saves the whole railway to the college hike ...specially up the Hill :eek: I am soooo looking forward to the Hill haha
linka1
I am soooo looking forward to the Hill haha

The Hill is where it's at :p:
linka1
From Manchester? Ooh that's going to hard to try and shift all that :smile: Thankfully I have managed to get a lift and offer to share petrol costs. The obvious advantage is being able to get straight to the college doorstep and it saves the whole railway to the college hike ...specially up the Hill :eek: I am soooo looking forward to the Hill haha

Lol, thankfully I'm getting a lift too without paying anything on Petrol costs :biggrin:
Reply 29
Danny_777
The Hill is where it's at :p:

It is indeed :biggrin:
Reply 30
Ive been to Durham twice to look around and each time Ive only got as far up as Collingwood before exhaustion kicks in (usually because ive been around town first). How much further is St Aidans/Trevelyan, out of interest? And where the hell is Hild Bede??
Reply 31
cabeca
Ive been to Durham twice to look around and each time Ive only got as far up as Collingwood before exhaustion kicks in (usually because ive been around town first). How much further is St Aidans/Trevelyan, out of interest? And where the hell is Hild Bede??

http://www.dur.ac.uk/map/durham/
Reply 32
Thanks. So they're not further up, there's just a right turning ive missed...
Let's be honest, still a massive trek though! :p:
Reply 33
I didn't think it was especially when I went on the open day.
linka1
Which college are you at?

Hatfield, all going well!

Hmm, I'm limiting myself to what books I take, Angus. I've decided (aside from academic books) I'll take between five and ten. And that's quite a wrench for me, considering I have about twenty that I read on a regular basis. But I'm hoping there's a library (what uni city doesn't have a library?) that stocks the rest of my favourites. :smile:
Ray Oceanweaver

Hmm, I'm limiting myself to what books I take, Angus. I've decided (aside from academic books) I'll take between five and ten. And that's quite a wrench for me, considering I have about twenty that I read on a regular basis. But I'm hoping there's a library (what uni city doesn't have a library?) that stocks the rest of my favourites. :smile:

There is a local library in the city centre. You can search its catalogue here - http://ww2.durham.gov.uk/libraryonline/pgCatKeywordSearch.aspx
Aye, I've changed my idea of taking the books - gonna scan them in and that way they will be pdf's at about 1 meg max

Latest