The Student Room Group

How to make a crop top bigger? Help!

Hey, this sounds like a silly topic but I've bought a top online, its too small but I've missed the returns date so ive decided ill try and make it fit haha. Its a plunge crop top and its really pretty but it doesn't fit around my bust, its too small. It fits around my ribs if that makes sense, but the triangle bit is too small. So I was wondering if there are any fashion helpers that could guide me into making this fit? I'm up for sewing and everything so any help would be amazing because I don't know where to start!

Heres a little description of the top: Thin straps, plunge front with a slight cross over and then a band around underneath the bust(the bit that fits).

Thank you! x
I suppose you could try carefully undoing the seams on each side, about halfway down, and sew them back together with less fabric folded inside. If that makes sense? Or maybe try lengthening the straps? No fashion expert myself but I know your pain!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Original post by Hellie__
Hey, this sounds like a silly topic but I've bought a top online, its too small but I've missed the returns date so ive decided ill try and make it fit haha. Its a plunge crop top and its really pretty but it doesn't fit around my bust, its too small. It fits around my ribs if that makes sense, but the triangle bit is too small. So I was wondering if there are any fashion helpers that could guide me into making this fit? I'm up for sewing and everything so any help would be amazing because I don't know where to start!

Heres a little description of the top: Thin straps, plunge front with a slight cross over and then a band around underneath the bust(the bit that fits).

Thank you! x

You could try adding some binding around the cups, but this can look messy unless your top is a dark colour. A nice idea might be to add some lace as you can get quite thick lace trimming if need be and just hand sew it to the inside of the cups. You'd need some reasonably thick lace, nothing too flimsy or it will just curl up.
Reply 3
Original post by Hellie__

Thank you! x

What material?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest