The Student Room Group

History GCSE Germany paper 14th June 1918-1939

I was wondering what people think is going to come up in the nazi Germany's history paper 1918-1939 that's in 2 days, your predictions would be extremely helpful thank you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Exam_nah
I was wondering what people think is going to come up in the nazi Germany's history paper 1918-1939 that's in 2 days, your predictions would be extremely helpful thank you

This is a complete guess..
Stresemanns policies
Great Depression/ Wall Street crash
Munich Putsch
Treaty of Versailles
Night of the Long Knives or Enabling Act
Role of SA or SS
censorship/ propaganda
How Jews were affected in 1933-39
Stresemann years (golden years)
Munich putsch
Dawes plan
Enabling act
Night of long knives
rearmament of germany
reichstag fire
Kapp putsch
control of women
role of SS/secret police
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Can someone please explain the different between the SS and SA to me? i keep getting confused between who did what etc.
Original post by PATDLOL
Can someone please explain the different between the SS and SA to me? i keep getting confused between who did what etc.

I think the SS were at first Hitler's bodyguards, and were only comprised of Aryan men. Whereas the SA were for the other Nazis, and I think the SA was much larger than the SS. The SS was headed by Himmler while the SA was headed by Ernst Rohm.
Original post by nerdyminion
I think the SS were at first Hitler's bodyguards, and were only comprised of Aryan men. Whereas the SA were for the other Nazis, and I think the SA was much larger than the SS. The SS was headed by Himmler while the SA was headed by Ernst Rohm.

Sort of

SA were the original bodyguards

Then the SA grew large and the SS became from the elite part of the SA.

The SS were now his bodyguards - all aryan etc

The SA were like a private ARMY, not bodyguards

The SA were basically thugs, who beat-up communists and other rivals

The SS were elite and were at largest about 30 men
The SA were designed to protect Nazi speakers from left wing violence. Their main purpose later was to disrupt meetings of the SDs and communists and intimidate them. The SS was the Nazis own private police force who acted as a personal bodyguard for Hitler. They were set up in 1925 and in 1929 run by Himmler. They were a military group but the SA were a protection squad and used to gain power that was set up in 1921.
Does anyone know any good statistics about the topic. They can be random facts.
Also whats the locarno pact and Occupation of the Ruhr
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending