The Student Room Group

Can someone proofread my French coursework?

df
(edited 6 years ago)
yes, very good! I think this would be an A* personally; I can understand it all, but am not a grammar expert however, so I don't think it would be good to comment on improvements
However, please be aware that these grammar points are generally beyond GCSE level - your standard of writing is excellent for your level, the above comments will take your work to an A* standard.
(edited 7 years ago)
hi
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Psychedeliyaa
Oops! I literally left the last sentence stuck in my head, sorry! It was meant to say "Aussi j’espère surmonter, mon anxiété en rencontrantde nouvelles personnes nous l’espérons me donner plus confiance."
And for the rest of the underlined words, I've missed out letters and words (sorry).

Okay maintenant, je vais vous présenter une assiettée de mercis!

Firstly, thank you for lifting my spirits today and complimenting my work.
Second, my god the corrections! Thank you for the tips, which are super helpful btw and spending precious time of your life on my measly mistakes.
I cannot believe there are people as amazing as you helping me achieve my qualifications, alors (see, I've used your tips!) merci beaucoup! Je vous en serai éternellement reconnaissant.

P.S. This was my first question on The Student Room and I'm glad you've shown me how people are so friendly and helpful here.

De rien! ça m'a fait plaisir de lire ton texte et de voir ton niveau de français, c'est toi qu'il faut remercier d'avoir promu la langue française sur ce forum! Bonne chance avec tes examens et tes révisions! C'est sûr que tu vas réussir! :smile: N'hésite surtout pas à m'envoyer des messages si jamais t'as besoin d'aide!

and BTW:

The last sentence is fine! Just a few touches:

Par ailleurs, j’espère surmonter mon anxiété en rencontrant de nouvelles personnes, espérons que cela puisse me permettre de prendre de l'assurance

The meaning of the final part of the sentence has chanced a little: I think your intended meaning was 'We hope it will give me more confidence', which I've slightly changed to ' let's hope that this can let me be more confident' which translates better in French and also lets you use the subjunctive of 'pouvoir' which is 'puisse', this is used because you're expressing a hope, this should increase your mark a little :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CleverGirl383
De rien! ça m'a fait plaisir de lire ton texte et de voir ton niveau de français, c'est toi qu'il faut remercier d'avoir promu la langue française sur ce forum! Bonne chance avec tes examens et tes révisions! C'est sûr que tu vas réussir! :smile: N'hésite surtout pas à m'envoyer des messages si jamais t'as besoin d'aide!

and BTW:

The last sentence is fine! Just a few touches:

Par ailleurs, j’espère surmonter mon anxiété en rencontrant de nouvelles personnes, espérons que cela puisse me permettre de prendre de l'assurance

The meaning of the final part of the sentence has chanced a little: I think your intended meaning was 'We hope it will give me more confidence', which I've slightly changed to ' let's hope that this can let me be more confident' which translates better in French and also lets you use the subjunctive of 'pouvoir' which is 'puisse', this is used because you're expressing a hope, this should increase your mark a little :smile:

Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate it. The last part sounds very high grade. Are you native to french?
Original post by Psychedeliyaa
Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate it. The last part sounds very high grade. Are you native to french?

It's just a bit of showing off to show you deserve the A* :smile: And yes I'm actually bilingual, French mother with an English father and I teach English in France during the summer!

Good luck with your French and the rest of your GCSEs! Judging by your coursework I know you'll do well! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending