Me and my boyfriend have been together 2.5 years, both mid 20s. We've been talking about getting a place of our own for a while now and at first I was all for it. Lately I've started panicking. A few reasons:
1. I only moved here at the start of the year and don't have many friends yet, I get on with my housemates but I'd be worried that if I moved in with my bf I'd become isolated.
2. He works long hours, 6 sometimes 7 days a week so I'd be lonely
3. I like to have my own money and spend it on what I want. If we lived together I'd have to be more mindful of my finances - especially as he is self employed and some months I'd have to cover rent.
4. We get on well but we do have our arguments. How would I get space away from him if I had nowhere else to go?
5. If in the event we did break up, I'd be homeless (he could stay with his parents as they live locally, mine are 4 hours away).
How do you know when it's right to move in? I still feel it's too soon as I enjoy my independence and freedom, but will it ever be the right time?
Too soon to move in?