The Student Room Group

Please help...revision

Ok so i have my science exams this week (my final 2) i am doing ocr gateway, and basically i have lost all motivation to revise even though this is my last week. How are you revising science and whats the best way to revise without having to take notes? thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by RS012
Ok so i have my science exams this week (my final 2) i am doing ocr gateway, and basically i have lost all motivation to revise even though this is my last week. How are you revising science and whats the best way to revise without having to take notes? thanks.

mygcsescience is really helpful, although I'm not sure if its for OCR specifically, its basically just videos on every topic and pre written notes and even exam questions on that topic
Its your last week dont mess it up and just do it !!
Original post by RS012

For OCR gateway watch 'Gcse chemistry teacher' and westland science on youtube if you don't want to take notes. If you want to print notes, search 'James Walker GCSE notes' and click on the modules you want to print.
Also, this is your last week, please don't give up, you've got this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RS012

Hey, I have my science exams this week too:smile:
The way I revise is I get my textbook/exercise book and I go through the notes and I stick post it notes where I simplify them or I write important points that I'm likely to forget. I also stick post it notes on places such as my wardobe so that I can look at them. Also, start with the most difficult topic first, that'll ease stress.
Motivation hmm, the only way you can get motivation is from yourself. You've got to prepare and tell yourself to be ready and try your best to do the revision. Don't tell yourself you'll do it in 20 minutes because in that 20 minutes, you'll start to think more about how much you don't want to revise. What I usually do is tell myself I'll do 5 minutes of revision. This makes it easier to actually start and once I have started, I usually continue for longer because your brain doesn't like unfinished work (got that off a revision guide lmao) so you find yourself doing more than planned. Just think about the satisfaction of getting the grades you wanted. Also, these are your last exams...after that, you're free. Would you rather go through the summer feeling like you've not done enough or knowing that you've done your best? It's down to you.
This is your last week. It's my last week Like you, but to make matters worse AQA decided to put the subjects I'm strong in last, making my zeal to revise vanish.
Luckily, they have put DT on a Thursday and since my teacher was useless, I spend more time on that.
Basically, I'd advise you to run through the Spec and see what you do know and do not know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending