The Student Room Group

lying to friends about sex?

so i'm 19 and female and have never had sex. guess i'm just waiting for the right person but at the same time i just wanna get it over and done with. everyone sees me as cute and innocent when really i'm not and i'm always trying to prove this. my friends at work ALWAYS talk about sex and make sexual jokes and i join in because i have a pretty dirty mind anyway. The other night we all went out together and got drunk and somehow we started talking about how many people we've slept with and i said 2. i don't want people knowing i'm a virgin because they'll feel awkward around me and won't talk about sex around me. has anyone else lied to their friends about this and does it matter or will it come back later to bite me in the ass?
If they're good friends they won't treat you any differently, you're an adult and it's completely up to you when it happens, you don't need to bring it up if you don't want to but I'm sure it won't matter to them as much as you think it will.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just be yourself and don't think about others :h:
well there's no reason for you to get 'caught out' unless you sleep with one of the people you lied to and they told... I doubt people would behave lots differently to you though, you're obviously comfortable talking about sex so there's no reason to change that

I wouldn't feel embarassed, there are plenty of 19 year olds who are virgins and plenty more who wish they'd been more careful about waiting/regret their first time
Reply 4
you should not be ashamed of being a Virgin
To be fair you didn't have to lie..and if they would be awkward around you for saying that then maybe those people aren't the ones you need to be hanging out with?
I'm 18 and have never had sex, but most of my friends haven't either so I've never felt the need to lie. I guess that comes from going to an all girls school. Anyway, if they are real friends they wouldn't treat you any differently if they knew the truth. And, I think you might be surprised to discover that a few of them were elaborating on the number of people they have slept with too.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
so i'm 19 and female and have never had sex. guess i'm just waiting for the right person but at the same time i just wanna get it over and done with. everyone sees me as cute and innocent when really i'm not and i'm always trying to prove this. my friends at work ALWAYS talk about sex and make sexual jokes and i join in because i have a pretty dirty mind anyway. The other night we all went out together and got drunk and somehow we started talking about how many people we've slept with and i said 2. i don't want people knowing i'm a virgin because they'll feel awkward around me and won't talk about sex around me. has anyone else lied to their friends about this and does it matter or will it come back later to bite me in the ass?

You're 19, who gives a **** if you're a virgin? But in all honesty they probably exaggerated too

Posted from TSR Mobile

No shame in being a virgin and if they are awkward about it, they aren't good friends.
i don't want people knowing i'm a virgin because they'll feel awkward around me and won't talk about sex around me.

This says more about you than your friends. There is nothing wrong with wanting to wait for the right person. So be confident in that. If they start laughing at you, ask them why they are laughing. I often stand up for my thoughts and feelings and when you challenge the status quo, I have tended to see people respect me for my views.

So I decided to go dancing. "Ha ha ha - what a girly thing to do" they said. Alas, they weren't laughing, but toasting me at my wedding when I married the woman I met whilst dancing!

Do your own thing. Be proud of that. Don't fret what others think. It is what you think that matters. If they judge you, they aren't worthy of your time.
Don't be ashamed of being a virgin. Besides, if you get caught out on the line they won't trust you in regards to other stuff.

Not that it's any of their business, but next opportunity you get I suggest you come out clean about your lack of experience. They'll be understanding, trust me. Heck, they may even wingman for you! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending