The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Anyone know how generous clearing is?

I'm not totally confident on my A Levels for reasons not worth going into here. I need 3 Bs to get in. I didn't even choose a backup Uni option because I'm dead set on Sussex. Any idea how generous clearing is should I fail to achieve 3 Bs?
Original post by JoePFR
I'm not totally confident on my A Levels for reasons not worth going into here. I need 3 Bs to get in. I didn't even choose a backup Uni option because I'm dead set on Sussex. Any idea how generous clearing is should I fail to achieve 3 Bs?

Was your offer BBB or did they tell you that you cant get lower than that?
(edited 7 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by ludd-sama
Was our offer BBB or did they tell you that you cant get lower than that?

It was an offer of ABB, or BBB if I make it my firm choice. There were no other conditions on the offer as far as I am aware.
Original post by JoePFR
It was an offer of ABB, or BBB if I make it my firm choice. There were no other conditions on the offer as far as I am aware.

Oh okay I see, i mean i'm pretty much in the same position as you, but my offer was ABC (which works out to the same UCAS points) because one of my grades is essentially locked as a C.

If you were to ask me, i feel as though they are likely to accept you if you were to miss by one grade, any more than that and the area gets a little grey, but obviously I know no more than you do lol.

I have recently sent them an email detailing the enquiry, so once i get a reply from them ill let you know, hopefully that'll shed some light on the situation for you.
Reply 4
Original post by ludd-sama
Oh okay I see, i mean i'm pretty much in the same position as you, but my offer was ABC (which works out to the same UCAS points) because one of my grades is essentially locked as a C.

If you were to ask me, i feel as though they are likely to accept you if you were to miss by one grade, any more than that and the area gets a little grey, but obviously I know no more than you do lol.

I have recently sent them an email detailing the enquiry, so once i get a reply from them ill let you know, hopefully that'll shed some light on the situation for you.

I got ACCC on my AS year (have dropped one of the subjects with a C) - thankfully that means I can relax on the A subject a bit but I'm struggling with the two Cs. Hoping they'll be able to consider the UCAS points a C AS level might give, even if it's not much.

It'd be really helpful if you could let me know what they say to your email, I'd really appreciate that!!
Wait can you still go on clearning at the uni you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest