The Student Room Group

Business Degree

is this a good degree? Preffered A-levels (except math) is their a good salary?
Impossible question to answer without knowing more about you, your interests and what kind of job you want to do after university. People can and do get good jobs with a Business degree, but lots of people don't.
I wish people would use the search function. We don't need 101 of the same question. Less than 10 posts down from this you'll find the same question, OP.

Besides, if you can't even direct a question appropriately, I doubt you'll be any good at 'business'.
Reply 3
Original post by pmc:producer
I wish people would use the search function. We don't need 101 of the same question. Less than 10 posts down from this you'll find the same question, OP.

Besides, if you can't even direct a question appropriately, I doubt you'll be any good at 'business'.

I'm in a rush. I'm studying. I don't have time to faf about how "appropriate" it is. Yes, this may make me incompetent to business, but that's part of the learning process.
In addition, I know there are others so what's the problem for making my own thread. I want to know about a business degree. Not this that or whatever people are asking specifically.
Ps:Thanks for not answering my question for gods sake.
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
Impossible question to answer without knowing more about you, your interests and what kind of job you want to do after university. People can and do get good jobs with a Business degree, but lots of people don't.

Im super creative. So thinking of entering the marketing side of business. After I want to work in Qatar and work there.
Original post by TGS_Lila
I'm in a rush. I'm studying. I don't have time tofaf about how "appropriate" it is. Yes, this may make me incompetentto business, but that's part of the learning process.

In addition, I know there are others so what's the problem for making my ownthread. I want to know about a business degree. Not this that or whateverpeople are asking specifically.

Ps:Thanks for not answering my question for gods sake.

Well you should take the time to 'faf about' because you’re asking an ambiguous question. If you were clearer, we could help you more.

Define good degree; what is 'good'? Good for what? Challenging? Stimulating? Easy? Career prospects? Reputation? The same applies to salary - outline yourversion of 'good' as this is highly subjective. Maybe then we can begin to answer your questions.

What do you want to know about a business degree? What area of business do you want to move in to (this will determine your salary expectations)... You provide the information, we'll provide the knowledge we have, that's how targeted questions work.

P.s. Whatever the case, I'd work on your English A-level. And don't use the lord's name in vain man, it's uncool.
(edited 7 years ago)
Im super creative. So thinking of entering the marketing side of business. After I want to work in Qatar and work there.

Marketing perhaps offers a slightly weaker salary than most other areas of business; even if it does offer an arguably more 'fun' working environment. I'd look at going down an 'international business' degree route over a marketing degree if Qatar is on the radar as you'll hopefully learn how to effectively respond to cultural differences among other things which will be far more beneficial to your travelling aspirations.
Only ones I can think of that ask for Maths are Bristol and LSE, good degree is subjective depends on what you want to do with it. For roles in Marketing a degree in business is certainly helpful but be aware some companies will prefer Marketing degrees specifically either at undergraduate or postgraduate level. Salaries on average for business degree holders will tend to be in the low 20s (£21-£22k) but from universities such Nottingham, Warwick and Manchester it's 25K+ for unis as Loughborough, Bath and St Andrews you're looking at £27k+ and for LSE and Cass (City university) £30k+. Marketing graduate programmes will vary wildly in salary but at tech and engineering companies such as Virgin Media, Jaguar Land Rover, BT and others it's in the high 20s to low 30s and at banks a little more. If you're looking to enter the worlds of high finance or consulting with your business degree you could be looking at £45k+ for investment banking, £35k+ for Asset Management and £32k+ for Management Consulting but for these ensure that you're at a top university (plenty of information available as to which ones) and try to get some good work experience e.g. internships, in fact work experience is crucial to maximise the value of any non-vocational degree such as business.

Edit: Don't hesitate to ask any other questions but please try to do some research first!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by RunningBack34
Only ones I can think of that ask for Maths are Bristol and LSE, good degree is subjective depends on what you want to do with it. For roles in Marketing a degree in business is certainly helpful but be aware some companies will prefer Marketing degrees specifically either at undergraduate or postgraduate level. Salaries on average for business degree holders will tend to be in the low 20s (£21-£22k) but from universities such Nottingham, Warwick and Manchester it's 25K+ for unis as Loughborough, Bath and St Andrews you're looking at £27k+ and for LSE and Cass (City university) £30k+. Marketing graduate programmes will vary wildly in salary but at tech and engineering companies such as Virgin Media, Jaguar Land Rover, BT and others it's in the high 20s to low 30s and at banks a little more. If you're looking to enter the worlds of high finance or consulting with your business degree you could be looking at £45k+ for investment banking, £35k+ for Asset Management and £32k+ for Management Consulting but for these ensure that you're at a top university (plenty of information available as to which ones) and try to get some good work experience e.g. internships, in fact work experience is crucial to maximise the value of any non-vocational degree such as business.

Edit: Don't hesitate to ask any other questions but please try to do some research first!

Thanks.
You know what, I don't need any information from a little prick like you.so bah.

Ps: I CAN FIND INFORMATION FROM OTHER PEOPLE. Not from a really really annoying person like you.

Wow. And to think I gave you arguably the soundest advice you've had. You're pathetic and your immaturity speaks volumes. I doubt you'll succeed in any industry with your current attitude let alone business where it comes down to building relationships.

Again, work on A level English and grow up, you've just heavily embarassed yourself. Let's agree to stop talking now.
Reply 10
Original post by pmc:producer
Wow. And to think I gave you arguably the soundest advice you've had. You're pathetic and your immaturity speaks volumes. I doubt you'll succeed in any industry with your current attitude let alone business where it comes down to building relationships.

Again, work on A level English and grow up, you've just heavily embarassed yourself. Let's agree to stop talking now.

whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending