The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know...

I had a dream where I was chasing Megan Fox and she pushed me off a cliff.

If dream Megan Fox can do that, so can the real Megan fox!

Reply 41
Original post by Newsout
Because America is better than every single muslim country and Americans aren't hateful or intolerant.

Joke of the day. Thanks man I needed this laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by StrawbAri
Not sure how this policy will be implemented because you can't really identify a Muslim from their physical appearance as there are Muslims of almost every race and they could easily lie about it.

Unless you ban every middle eastern/south Asian looking person from entry I'm really not sure how this will work.

Also banning people coming from certain countries wouldn't really work either because not everyone from a Muslim majority country is a Muslim.

Yeah that's what I said.
And don't forget about how not all muslims are genuinely terrorists, like is an 67 year old academic coming from Iraq really going to be a terrorist, when he's probably studying for a Phd or something?

I don't think Mr Trump taught this through.
Original post by Newsout
No the extremist minority isn't tiny.

Why is it that mostly muslims result to terrorism when they feel marginalised? Why aren't as many cases of radical Christianity, or radical judaism or hinduism? why can't muslims just suppress their anger when the world is against them, why cause terror?

When a Muslim person kill someone it equal to terrorism but any one from another religion commits mass murder its a hate crime
I am dismayed at people saying that all Muslims should be banned. I think Mr Trump is wrong on this. But I also don't agree with the liberal view of "Islam is not the problem" and that "Only a tiny minority of muslims are radicals - Islam is a religion of peace". To paraphrase Sam Harris:

"The problem is not the fundamentalists, it is the fundamentals of Islam. Let us examine Jainism where non violence and pacifism are the very core doctrines of the faith. The more radical and zealous you get as a Jain, the less we will have to worry about you. In Islam however, there are numerous clear justifications for the terrorist operations we see today."

The vast majority, if not all countries where Islam is the leading faith have some major human rights issues such as treatment of women and/or homosexuals. Many of them enforce the death penalty for such "crimes" as apostasy, adultery and homosexuality. I know as I have lived in Malaysia for two years, one of the most liberal muslim majority countries in the world. It's no Saudi Arabia there, but many things we would find unacceptable here in the UK or US are commonplace there, including its treatment of gays and enforcement of Sharia law. If you are born into a Malay family, by law you are a Muslim and you must follow Sharia. They waste an enormous amount of police resources just hunting around for young couples having pre-marital sex, so you can see where their priorities are. Polls show across the board that a majority or very significant minority of Muslim immigrants to our country endorse the outlawing of homosexuality and the incorporation of Sharia law into UK law amongst other radical views. This cannot be allowed to happen.

So no, Muslims should not be banned from entering America. Or the UK. However, more steps should be taken to integrate them into Western society. Mosques should be routinely but discretely policed and inspected by non-muslim undercover police. Those that insight violence should be arrested and deported, even if they are asylum seekers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by HAnwar
Joke of the day. Thanks man I needed this laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've clearly been sleeping because you missed how Muslims today claimed they invented everything ranging from Music to Mathematics

:rofl::rofl:
Original post by Newsout
Because America is better than every single muslim country and Americans aren't hateful or intolerant.

I know!

I work in Trump Towers as a toilet cleaner and the Americans only shove me out of the way!

The mexicans spit on me and call me a 'pendejo' and say to me that "Tu eres más feo que el culo de un mono"
Original post by Newsout
You've clearly been sleeping because you missed how Muslims today claimed they invented everything ranging from Music to Mathematics

:rofl::rofl:

I dont know about music but they did invented algebra
Reply 48
Original post by Aminat 1234
When a Muslim person kill someone it equal to terrorism but any one from another religion commits mass murder its a hate crime

My sister I know you want to believe that is true but it isn't.

Here is the New York times, the biggest news outlet in America calling the Christian Terrorist, Andres Brevick what he is, a terrorist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/25/us/25debate.html?_r=1&hp
Original post by BaconandSauce
are you sure?

But to Afagn Parents

So the ban would have worked in this case

He, the shooter, was born in the US in 1986.

His parents came over from Afghanistan, presumably under asylum due to what was going on.

Unless Trump intends to retrospectively remove all Muslims, rather than just deny entry to 'new' ones, then this family wouldn't have been remotely affected by the law he proposes.

Original post by ODES_PDES
He can change/amend constitution?

He can't on his own. It's a racing certainty that he wouldn't have the necessary support in Congress, the Senate and the supreme court for an amendment of that severity.
Original post by Newsout

Why is it that mostly muslims result to terrorism when they feel marginalised? Why aren't as many cases of radical Christianity, or radical judaism or hinduism? why can't muslims just suppress their anger when the world is against them, why cause terror?

I'm not sure if you're being serious or ironic here

EDIT: I just scrolled and saw some of your other posts. Don't quote me because I won't read it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51

Yeah but not general Mathematics.

Soz
Reply 52
Original post by trumpisbae
I know!

I work in Trump Towers as a toilet cleaner and the Americans only shove me out of the way!

The mexicans spit on me and call me a 'pendejo' and say to me that "Tu eres más feo que el culo de un mono"

Mexicans in America or Latino Americans?
Reply 53
Original post by sleepysnooze
that's like saying "putting criminals in prison is just going to make more people criminals" - why would it? and why would muslims support people who murder innocent people? "muslims" =/= "terrorist muslims" (but muslims are usually homophobes, misogynists, generally bigoted towards groups like jews, etc)

religious discrimination is disgusting, hm? so if it was somebody's religion to kill people for petty crimes (i.e. islam) it's "disgusting" to discriminate against them? and I'm sorry but I'm not going to support a barbaric fascist ideology just for the sake of the adherents of that movement - they're going to have to earn it - I'm going to be threatened into it (like you're kind of suggesting I should be if your equation is "support means less death".

No, it's more like saying making people poorer and banning them from working makes more people criminals. Marginalising groups leads to extremism because extremism is world-rejecting, which means it criticises the wider society that is oppressing the individual. It makes rational sense to turn to the extremist group from the perspective of the oppressed individual. Radicalisation doesn't happen overnight, it's a gradual process that slowly legitimates radical tactics. It's not too dissimilar to how so many regular, normal people were slowly persuaded to participate in Nazi tactics. This is a pretty much universally accepted sociological explanation for extremism.

Most Christians also used to be homophobic misogynists. Religion develops over time and Islam is still undergoing development.

Your second paragraph is just silly. If you discriminate against people who believe it's okay to kill in the name of religion then you're not discriminating against their religion, you're discriminating against people who think it's okay to kill other people. In the same way that discriminating against the Westboro Baptist Church isn't the same as discriminating against all of Christianity.
Original post by BaconandSauce
are you sure?

But to Afagn Parents

So the ban would have worked in this case

Yes, he was born in New York.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/omar-mateen-suspected-orlando-night-club-shooter/story?id=39790797

But his parents are not Islamic extremists or terrorists, are they? This is home-grown extremism. Just banning Muslims from entering the country won't stop terrorism. It won't stop extremist ideologies. It won't stop these people carrying out mass shootings when they have easy access to guns!

And another point: how do you prove that someone is a Muslim? So far, the best strategy Trump has thought of to enforce this ban is to ask if someone is a Muslim, and if they say yes, then they aren't allowed in!

It's ridiculous, it's divisive, and it's just plain wrong to ban people from a country just because they are a member of the same religion as a relatively small number of extremists.
Reply 55
Original post by Zayn is Bae
I'm not sure if you're being serious or ironic here

EDIT: I just scrolled and saw some of your other posts. Don't quote me because I won't read it.

Right, because this is really the time for irony on a serious matter.

Edit: I'm going to do it anyway, whether you read it or not is none of my business
Original post by Newsout
Right, because this is really the time for irony on a serious matter.

Edit: I'm going to do it anyway, whether you read it or not is none of my business

Proceeds to quote me with a post i've not read despite me telling you not to. Are you autistic? Again that's a question that you SHOULDN'T respond to.

No. They built upon the fundamentals already used by the Greeks thousands of years before them. Plato was using algebra almost 1000 years before the invention of Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trumpisbae

so true Im a canadian living in the usa and I can tell you that immigrants are everywhere.

Countries should lock the door and throw away the key

America and Canada are mainly just immigrants lmao ,
Reply 59
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Proceeds to quote me with a post i've not read despite me telling you not to. Are you autistic? Again that's a question that you SHOULDN'T respond to.

You quoted me asking me not to quote you because you won't respond to it, yet you responded to it and you're asking If I'm the autistic one here?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending