The Student Room Group

A2 psychology Ideas

Hey, we have just started the first week of our A2 (then going back in sept) and have been told about our corsework, i have known we have to do it but im panicing, im not to good at the corsework stuff lol! We have to think about it and do some research over the holidays. Any ideas? I was thinking of doing a studying into context dependnt learning would that be hard? I really need a good grade in this! Cheers for your Help! Kaytie xxx
Reply 1
Just remember to keep it simple. The simpler the better. I just did a simple levels of processing test, where i got people to try and remember certain words and certain images. They faired better on the images recall due to semantics etc etc. It was really easy and simple and i got a B out of it (could of got an A if i tried harder lol)
I got an A out of questionnaires on flashbulb memories of spetember 11
We recently started ours and are doing the practical tomorrow, I think. We are working in a group of three, which means marks are already lost because of that. We chose to do a study looking at conformity in an ambiguous situation and are planning on replicating Jenness's beans in a jar study but using smarties instead of beans... We will also look at the conformity levels of a group of boys and compare that with girls, to see which group conforms more. I think it will be the male group.

I am hoping for a high grade on this and the teacher said she is expecting everyone to get an A and there is no reason why they shouldn't - but I think she's being a tad ambitious. Plus a high grade means a bit of pressure off at exam time.
Reply 4
I did mine on stress and physical illness using questionaires. Simple enough, and it got me an A :cool: Don't make it too difficult as it's just as easy to get an A with a simple idea.
I did mine on phobias by showing people a picture of a lion and rating it out of 10 for how scared they are and then i showed them a picture of a normal house spider and asked them to rate that out of 10 to see if ppl are more scared of something that is actually harmful than something that is percieved as harmful.
Reply 6
I did mine on health locus of control differences between genders. Theres plenty of information on it and all you need to do is make a quick questionnaire.

As everyone else has said, keep it simple.
Reply 7
i did mine on gender stereotypes and IQ as it was something that i didn't do at AS but it was on the A2 syllabus so i thought it was a good choice to do and in the end i got full marks which massively boosted my A2 grade

if you need any help or anything i have all of my notes so just pm me =)

hope this helped
Reply 9
birkenheadbhoy
I got an A out of questionnaires on flashbulb memories of spetember 11

Interested in doing the flashbulb memory idea for my coursework as it looks interesting and I have not studied it in the course. Just womdering how you went about doing it? Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending