The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway B3 C3 P3 - 15th June 2016

MAKING A THREAD FOR THE EXAM AS I CANT SEEM TO FIND AN OFFICIAL ONE. sooooo how is revision going? Surprisingly I'm excited for the exam :/ I managed to scrape a b for my controlled assessment is there a possibility that I can get an A? If so how many marks do I need in both papers? (One is out of 75 and the other is out of 85) and does anyone have any resources for physic equations and questions in particular on momentum, power, gpe ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

How was the exam? And predicted grade boundaries?
Reply 2
Original post by Revision120
How was the exam? And predicted grade boundaries?

i found it quite hard to be honest...even the first question I was just like what on earth is this? how did you find it? oh and what did you circle for the question about the type of cell of the dog's skin?
Original post by Taahira_
i found it quite hard to be honest...even the first question I was just like what on earth is this? how did you find it? oh and what did you circle for the question about the type of cell of the dog's skin?

easiest exam ever not even bragging but come on it was mostly maths
i think i will get a B or even a A
compared to unit 1 and unit 2 exam i found it good
Original post by nadiakms
MAKING A THREAD FOR THE EXAM AS I CANT SEEM TO FIND AN OFFICIAL ONE. sooooo how is revision going? Surprisingly I'm excited for the exam :/ I managed to scrape a b for my controlled assessment is there a possibility that I can get an A? If so how many marks do I need in both papers? (One is out of 75 and the other is out of 85) and does anyone have any resources for physic equations and questions in particular on momentum, power, gpe ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the exam not too bad, but i was disappointed that OCR didn't include any of the more complex content like the heart/blood or cloning in the biology section. I think the grade boundaries might be a little higher than normal but it's likely they'll be similar to last year. I got an A* on the controlled assessment so hopefully I get a decent mark in the exam and I'm sure you've all done well too! ^-^
I really liked today's paper:smile: how did you all find it?

Yes I found it quite hard too. What grade are you predicted? I wrote diploid.

Diploid for skin cells and meiosis for dog sperm cells
can u lot make an unofficial mark scheme
Original post by nadiakms

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our teacher told us you need 34 marks out of 75 for a B but this is only for the first paper but these can change so to be on the sure side you want to get at least 36/38 just to secure a B grade. However for an A you need about 42 according to her but it all depends whether they change the grade boundaries or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
I found it difficult. I revised all of biology and all they could ask about is bloody pepsin. Even the first qiestion threw me off but l got 86.4% or something like that. Probably wrong.
Original post by ~Lily~
I found it difficult. I revised all of biology and all they could ask about is bloody pepsin. Even the first qiestion threw me off but l got 86.4% or something like that. Probably wrong.

thats right
Original post by joshu1908
thats right

does anybody know when the unofficial mrk scheme will be out????????
Original post by emmerneedshelp
I found the exam not too bad, but i was disappointed that OCR didn't include any of the more complex content like the heart/blood or cloning in the biology section. I think the grade boundaries might be a little higher than normal but it's likely they'll be similar to last year. I got an A* on the controlled assessment so hopefully I get a decent mark in the exam and I'm sure you've all done well too! ^-^

I was expecting them to include more about cells and the blood in the biology section too and there wasn't a lot on graphite and diamond in the C3 section...quite upsetting!
Reply 14
I think Meiosis, diploid and limiting reactants were the only easy marks in that paper lol! What else was there? For chem 6 mark idk if i chose b or d and i wrote about atom ecnomoy and percentage yeild.
Original post by ~Lily~

I got 86.3% as I forgot to round it up but yeah the answer is around 86 so you are probably correct.
Original post by ~Lily~

Dw it's right
What was the last question on physics?
How did u guys get it to 86.4% ? i got 87.. I did 220-29 = 191

191/220 x 100 = 86.8....

Therfore that rounds to 87..
Reply 19
Original post by Eduard-Student
How did u guys get it to 86.4% ? i got 87.. I did 220-29 = 191

191/220 x 100 = 86.8....

Therfore that rounds to 87..

I dont get it?!? How is everyone getting different answers? Now I'm really puzzled bcs i just checked on the calculator and your answer looks right...but then where did I get that .4 from unless mh brain blanked out, which I doubt seeing as so many others got the same asnwer as me? Or perhaps it was a calculator technicality? Really really confused. Can anyone clarify if the answer you got was 86.4 or 87?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending