The Student Room Group

AJ's Summer 2016 Anime Preview Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm so excited for Love Live! Sunshine!! I loved the original so much but I think I might like this even more. I've been following the group (Aqours) for over a year now & I think I prefer them to the original group already. Their singing voices are much nicer & I love their songs. I've bought both of their singles which I never did for the original... Basically, they'd have to really mess up for me not to love it. I'm so hyped!

Other than that, I'm looking forward to Cheer Boys, Magical Boys 2 & Food Wars 2. Also looking forward to orange but I just ordered the manga volumes so I'll read those first & maybe watch the anime once it has finished airing. Similarly, I need to beat Danganronpa 2 before I can watch Danganronpa 3.
Trailer for Active Raid S2 added.
tfw this thread is spotlighted on the frontpage as "manga". A failure of speaking your audience's language. :tongue:

shooks
x

Manga is like Japanese comic books.
Anime is like Japanese cartoons.
Not my mistake, I want that on record. :bawling:
Did anyone else feel the Dressrosa Arc of One piece was stretched too far in the anime ?
Definitely gonna keep my eyes out for the new Danganronpa series after I finish the second game! Even though I prefer the games to the first anime, it'd very interesting to see how the Hope's Peak story wraps up.
Upupupupu ~
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Did anyone else feel the Dressrosa Arc of One piece was stretched too far in the anime ?

I've only just resumed One Piece myself, and still have well over 100 eps of the Dressrosa arc to watch, so I can't comment on the pacing just yet. However, you might be better off asking that in the Anime Society main thread, since this one's dedicated to the upcoming Summer season's shows.
I am so excited for shokugeki no soma sfhwehrkjwendklasfo;sjrkl3nrjbsdj,fnc,sdnvdlknvfvasaasdfghsdjkflsg
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Not my mistake, I want that on record. :bawling:

Gotta say, that picture is so frickin' cute :love: . Just a forewarning that it may end up as my profile picture :pierre:
Original post by Nirgilis
Gotta say, that picture is so frickin' cute :love: . Just a forewarning that it may end up as my profile picture :pierre:

I'm not quite sure why the sky is green, though... maybe she's from last season's Endride? :p:
Reply 31
Cant wait for Mob Psycho 100, One did a fantastic job with OPM. But apparently all the rage is with 'Orange' ???
"I've watched and enjoyed all of Key’s previous anime adaptations... but to a large extent, if you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. One guy and his harem of mysterious girls, each with their own character arc. And since this one isn’t being animated by KyoAni, that’s one less reason to watch - the trailer didn’t look as nice as Kanon, and that was 10 years ago! While I’d probably really enjoy this, I think it can wait until later. "

The VN is ****ing incredible, don't bother with the anime. Considering it's already been confirmed to have 13 episodes, it's unlikely that it'll be anywhere near as good
(edited 7 years ago)
cant wait for food wars season 2 :biggrin: Orange and Relife look really good too, and Servamp *-*
My *tentative* want to watch list:

Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu

Berserk (2016)

Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara

D.Gray-man HALLOW

DANGANRONPA 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-Hen

DANGANRONPA 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen

Orange

Tales of Zestiria the X

91 Days

Hitori no Shita: The Outcast

Taboo Tattoo

Servamp

Battery

Amanchu!

Apart from 91 Days, it seems like most of it is either comedy, action or romance. :/
Original post by Juichiro
Apart from 91 Days, it seems like most of it is either comedy, action or romance. :/

My want to watch list, or the season's offerings as a whole? :p: If the former, action and comedy are my usual go-to genres for entertainment, whereas anything else will have to win me over with its first episode.
My want to watch list, or the season's offerings as a whole? :p: If the former, action and comedy are my usual go-to genres for entertainment, whereas anything else will have to win me over with its first episode.

Your watch list. :colondollar:
Reply 37
All 13 eps of ReLife in 1 day :h::h:
Berserk (2016)

Blood and guts and guts and blood... and a naked elf. Berserk really isn't a family friendly show, but I loved this first episode. Skeleton warriors, nightmare-eating tentacle demons, man-eating trees... and most of the humans aren't all that nice either. The animation style probably won't be to everyone's liking, but though I certainly preferred the look of the 1997 series, this reboot wins when it comes to the action scenes, which are far more animated. Great background music... though the OP and ED theme were a bit generic, I was hoping for something more grimdark and medieval. Overall, a strong start to the season, of course I'll be picking it up.

---

ReLIFE

First to air, and first to finish - all 13 episodes are already subbed and released. :zomg: That's certainly a new way of doing things, I wonder whether it'll catch on? Anyway, the show itself was passable I guess, though I've yet to be fully won over by the 'adult guy returns to school for a chance to redo his life' premise, since Boku dake ga Inai Machi did the same thing with a far more interesting twist just a couple of seasons back. The characters were mildly amusing, but they've didn't have much of a chance to interact with our protagonist in this introductory episode. I've marked ReLIFE as dropped, since there's no space for a complete series in my weekly lineup, but I may well end up marathoning the show anyway if I have the time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara

No time wasted on recap or opening themes, straight back into the Autumn elections, with Souma's next round beginning and ending in this single episode. I can't say much else without spoiling things, but suffice to say it had all the elements I liked about the first series, and has gotten me back in the mood for more ridiculous cooking competitions and food reactions. :yum:

---

Hatsukoi Monster

This one was much better than I was expecting! Seeing three of the tallest and possibly most bishounen characters of the season running around, calling each other silly names and generally talking like 10 year olds (because that's what they are) turned out to be surprisingly fun to watch, and the whole romance side of things looks as though it'll be innocent and played for laughs. The rest of the house members seem like an amusing bunch as well. :biggrin: I'll leave it on my 'maybe' list for now, since the season's just getting started, but worth checking out if you like comedy~
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest