That's right.

Thanks xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Oh?
Is this fine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BCA is the angle you want to work out.

You're given two sides, 12.8 - which is opposite to angle C and 6.8 which is adjacent to angle C

You have opposite and adjacent sides which means you use Tan, more specifically since it's an angle you use the inverse of tan.

So, arctan(12.8/6.8) = angle C

arctan just means tan^-1 just easier to denote.
Reply 302
Original post by 34908seikj

You're given two sides, 12.8 - which is opposite to angle C and 6.8 which is adjacent to angle C

You have opposite and adjacent sides which means you use Tan, more specifically since it's an angle you use the inverse of tan.

Here xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's correct, did you see my post about part B?
Reply 304
That's correct, did you see my post about part B?

Yes I did thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 305

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 307
Correcto.

I didn't really understand this..

So I'm suppose to find BD

And what did X stand for ?
And where did sin come from :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I didn't really understand this..

So I'm suppose to find BD

And what did X stand for ?
And where did sin come from :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay - x just represents the length of BD, it's arbitrary It could be anything.

Do you understand right angled trigonometry? (Sin Opposite side/hypothenuse Cos adjacent side/hypothenuse tan opposite side/adjacent side)

Now you're given an angle - 42 degrees and one side that is opposite from the angle which is 12.8 but we want to find the length of the hypothenuse

so the two sides involved in the equation are the opposite and the hypothenuse, this means we use sin.

so set it out: Sin(42) = 12.8 / the length of BD (in this case x)

multiply both sides by x to get xsin(42) = 12.8 - the right hand side cancels out side you're also dividing by x

Now to get x by itself divide both sides by sin(42) - since sin(42) is already being multiplied they will cancel out, leaving 12.8/sin(42)

And that's it. x = 12.8/sin(42) = 19. something
Reply 309

Do you understand right angled trigonometry? (Sin Opposite side/hypothenuse Cos adjacent side/hypothenuse tan opposite side/adjacent side)

Now you're given an angle - 42 degrees and one side that is opposite from the angle which is 12.8 but we want to find the length of the hypothenuse

so the two sides involved in the equation are the opposite and the hypothenuse, this means we use sin.

multiply both sides by x to get xsin(42) = 12.8 - the right hand side cancels out side you're also dividing by x

Now to get x by itself divide both sides by sin(42) - since sin(42) is already being multiplied they will cancel out, leaving 12.8/sin(42)

Got it ♥♥♥ and yes I love pythagoras and trigonometry so much!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 310

What about this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 311

And this.

If you just explain them so I can do them tonight or tomorrow morning xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
What about this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

try use pythagorus.

Spoiler

Original post by Lucky10
Best advice i could give DO PAST PAPERS its the best way to get better a maths. Any topics you dont get use sites like mathswatch.

i agree with that :smile:
Original post by z_o_e
And this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by z_o_e
And this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

trap.png
x=4.3cos50 x=4.3 \cos 50^{\circ} .
Original post by B_9710
trap.png
x=4.3cos50 x=4.3 \cos 50^{\circ} .

Might as well write the answer out while you're at it...
Might as well write the answer out while you're at it...

Fine, the answer is
116+43(32+12i3+3212i3)20 \displaystyle \frac{116+43 \left (\sqrt[3]{-\frac{\sqrt 3 }{2}+\frac{1}{2} i } + \sqrt[3]{-\frac{\sqrt 3 }{2}-\frac{1}{2} i } \right )}{20} .
:wink:
Reply 318
try use pythagorus.

Spoiler

A bit stuck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use pythagorus

x2+(2x)2=25 \sqrt{x^2 + (2x)^2} = 25

x2+4x2=25 \sqrt{x^2 + 4x^2} = 25

Quick Reply

Latest