Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Clear! Thank youu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

keep dem questions coming fam.
Reply 42
Original post by 34908seikj
How 'bout now?

Will you be able to make me an example question in a similar way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

can you please check this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not drawn to scale, but that's the sort of shape it should be.

Reply 48
Not drawn to scale, but that's the sort of shape it should be.

Oh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
The line between A and B should be exactly halfway - no need to use LOCI to find the middle, the measure the length and half it!
Reply 50
The line between A and B should be exactly halfway - no need to use LOCI to find the middle, the measure the length and half it!

Thee First question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51

I got this but I'm not sure.

As isn't 1 percent divide by 100?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I got this but I'm not sure.

As isn't 1 percent divide by 100?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this calc or non calc? I just used calc, but I can do it non calc if you like.

Reply 53
Is this calc or non calc? I just used calc, but I can do it non calc if you like.

I'm trying to find them mentally. But I kind of understand now it's just that my teacher confused me with this method. I don't know which method to use.

We did this today.

This is how I did it... I got it wrong ..

This is sirs method

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I'm trying to find them mentally. But I kind of understand now it's just that my teacher confused me with this method. I don't know which method to use.

We did this today.

This is how I did it... I got it wrong ..

This is sirs method

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first one, you increased it by 20%, when it actually asked for a reduction of 20% (take away 20%), likewise with the second one you have increased the value when I presume you need to decrease it.

1200 reduced by 20% is 960 - You can work this out by doing 1200*0.8. 0.8 because you want 80% of the total value. You just divided it by 80. - that's not how percentages work.

- At least I think that's what you're supposed to do, I couldn't tell what the question was on the second image.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 55
The first one, you increased it by 20%, when it actually asked for a reduction of 20% (take away 20%), likewise with the second one you have increased the value when I presume you need to decrease it.

1200 reduced by 20% is 960 - You can work this out by doing 1200*0.8. 0.8 because you want 80% of the total value. You just divided it by 80. - that's not how percentages work.

- At least I think that's what you're supposed to do, I couldn't tell what the question was on the second image.

Ohh the second image is the same question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56

Can you do this question one neatly please as an example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Can you do this question one neatly please as an example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58

Where did you get 1.1 from?

It Increases by 10%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Where did you get 1.1 from?

It Increases by 10%

Posted from TSR Mobile

You want to add 10% on the 5000

10% as a decimal is 0.1

and 100% as a decimal is 1

If you were to add 10% of 5000 back onto the 5000, you would have 110% of the original value

Therefore we multiply by 1.1 as 110% = 1.1

When you want to increase by a percentage aways have the value larger than 1, as it accounts for your current value. want to increase by 58% = 1.58, increase by 240% = 2.4 etc. etc.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest