Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

CAN anyone help?? final year student dilemma

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

hey I'm looking any advice anyone has to offer.
    Basically I think I am going to graduate with a 2:2 but I may have failed one of my final year module. I also have a graduate job lined up in a great firm starting this august.
    Is it better to repeat this exam so that I have passed all my modules even tho I will still obtain a 2:2 for future jobs. With that said I will have to graduate in decemeber not this summer and I will also have to takea day off in a new job I have only just started to sit this exam.
    Or is it ok just to move on with a 2:2 even with a fail and start building a career for myself? Could the one fail hold me back from future jobs

* i can defintely still graduate and I can still start my new job with a fail. That's why I'm not sure

You have to assess correclty the impact of the fail.
    You need to read the rules of your department.
    They may not let you graduate unless you pass them all.

You also need to read the terms of your job offer anc check they will still give you the job despite the failed module.
    If they wont then you need to see what they say about you having failed, but only after you have worked out how you will deal with Uni and the impact on your degree.

If they are ok with you starting, then I would resit the exam on the given date and give your new employer plenty of notice.

I would suspect a failed module would prevent you graduating. Ignoring it may no be an option.

No ive checked don't worry! I can still graduate and still start my job with a fail. So that's why I'm not sure what to do. I would hate the fail to impact me in later life but if I can just move on and do great in my new job without delaying my graduation or taking time off my new job would that be best.

Why didnt you say that in your OP?

Its personal choice , then. I doubt your new bosses would care at all whether you took a day off, you wont be significant enough. I would reatke it as a matter of pride. Not sure why it has no impact whatsoever.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.