Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I get an STD test

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Last term at uni I sex with 2 guys. The first one was tested before sleeping with me and is clean. The second one we used condoms for sex but not for oral, he said last time he was tested he was fine but it wasn't a recent test. I feel completely healthy and have no symptoms of STDs but I'm still worried even though the chances are very low. I'm just very catious as I don't normally sleep around as I was in a relationship for ages before and we both had only ever slept with each other so I've never had to think about this kind of thing. How often do most people get tested? And should you only get tested if you have symptoms?

i think you should get tested. its better to be safe than sorry

Yo fam dat is such a dangeroose ting. Get tested asap innit brav, u cud get bare Ghonno YGM.

thats why people go to unis for :erm:
    get tested! better than nothing :getmecoat:

If you ever wonder "should I get tested" the answer is probably yes. It takes barely any time and can relieve a world of stress.

Also, note that note all STIs have symptoms, a chlamydia can be symptom-less, but leave you sterile if left unchecked.

I would note though that if you've used condoms except for oral and symptom free, you're probably a relatively low risk, so I wouldn't freak out (but I would get checked to be 100%)
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.