The Student Room Group

Masters Loans/ Funding

Hey,
I have recently completed my BA History degree at Royal Holloway and have been accepted to study a Masters degree in Holocaust and Genocide studies at the University of Amsterdam starting in September this year. However, since the course is not in the UK I have had particular difficultly finding funding. Does anyone know where to start? I've looked everywhere and written to over 20 organisations with no luck. A loan needed would be no greater than around 7/8k which includes all expenses of living, housing and tuition.
Help would be much appreciated,
Thank you
Claudia
Reply 1
Original post by claudiasmithxx
Hey,
I have recently completed my BA History degree at Royal Holloway and have been accepted to study a Masters degree in Holocaust and Genocide studies at the University of Amsterdam starting in September this year. However, since the course is not in the UK I have had particular difficultly finding funding. Does anyone know where to start? I've looked everywhere and written to over 20 organisations with no luck. A loan needed would be no greater than around 7/8k which includes all expenses of living, housing and tuition.
Help would be much appreciated,
Thank you
Claudia

Masters funding is sparse. I've just fought for PhD funding which is not in abundance either. The Netherlands is a cheaper option than the UK if you have the money already... if you don't have the money in the bank then the new postgrad loans in the UK are easier. To be honest, I don't know a soul who has had an organisation of sorts fund their masters study. A bank in the UK could maybe give you a professional loan? The Dutch do offer partial tuition and maintenance grants for EU students who work a certain number of hours per month in a part time job, ask UvA about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending