The Student Room Group

Which course should i choose?

Hi everyone! My name is Fritiof and I am a swede who wishes to study in England. My grades etc are excellent.

My question is very simple: I want the best education possible in order to become an elite journalist in the future, but I want to steer clear of maths.
This criteria rules out Politics, philosophy and economics at Oxford, for example, because it involves so much maths.

So: Best possible school/course choices in order to become an elite journalist, without having to study any kind of advanced maths? What is considered the most prestigious/best? I can study anything from litterature or history at Oxford to journalism at Cardiff.

Thank you in advance for helping me out! <3
Original post by fritiof.ajvide
Hi everyone! My name is Fritiof and I am a swede who wishes to study in England. My grades etc are excellent.

My question is very simple: I want the best education possible in order to become an elite journalist in the future, but I want to steer clear of maths.
This criteria rules out Politics, philosophy and economics at Oxford, for example, because it involves so much maths.

So: Best possible school/course choices in order to become an elite journalist, without having to study any kind of advanced maths? What is considered the most prestigious/best? I can study anything from litterature or history at Oxford to journalism at Cardiff.

Thank you in advance for helping me out! <3

Most top journalists in the UK do not study journalism at undergraduate level. Instead, they take another subject at undergraduate level, while simultaneously developing their interest in journalism by writing for student or local papers, blogging etc. They then take a postgraduate degree in journalism.

The subject for your first degree doesn't matter too much unless you want to work in a certain field, eg if you want to be a political journalist then politics or international relations would be a good start! Therefore study a subject which interests you and in which you can excel.

As for the university, that is up to you. It's not hard to discern which unis have strong reputations overall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending