The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yay they called back! 6-8 weeks too to Lisburn. Offices will eventually change to Belfast.
Asked her it's still O grade, looking into people's taxes and finding anything looking not correct, passing these to field agents ultimately. She said it's perfect if you are a nosey person haha.
Original post by Cass1988
Yay they called back! 6-8 weeks too to Lisburn. Offices will eventually change to Belfast.
Asked her it's still O grade, looking into people's taxes and finding anything looking not correct, passing these to field agents ultimately. She said it's perfect if you are a nosey person haha.

Sounds like a very good starting point for HMRC. Mine was O too so I'd say on the basis we all got offers at the same time we will all be in Lisburn? Yea the Belfast she's talking about is the Regional centre due to open in 2017/18 somewhere in titanic quarter I think
Original post by Jamz115
Sounds like a very good starting point for HMRC. Mine was O too so I'd say on the basis we all got offers at the same time we will all be in Lisburn? Yea the Belfast she's talking about is the Regional centre due to open in 2017/18 somewhere in titanic quarter I think

Yeh I guess we will all be together staring same time. Looking forward to meeting you all in person too haha
Anybody still yet to do their Access NI? :frown: I haven't heard anything since giving documents in at Lisburn two weeks ago.
Yeh I guess we will all be together staring same time. Looking forward to meeting you all in person too haha

6-8 weeks from now though that's like the Christmas week.. strange time to start
Original post by giraffeshat
Anybody still yet to do their Access NI? :frown: I haven't heard anything since giving documents in at Lisburn two weeks ago.

Almost the same. I submitted my documents to Moira House about 2 months ago now. Only contact since was to complete an Occupational Health document and to go into my CSR portal, click Next Stage and enter a lot of information. Nothing to say whether it was for DBS or Access NI. That was about 4 weeks ago and nothing since. My checks still aren't showing as completed either.
Original post by theduffman82
Almost the same. I submitted my documents to Moira House about 2 months ago now. Only contact since was to complete an Occupational Health document and to go into my CSR portal, click Next Stage and enter a lot of information. Nothing to say whether it was for DBS or Access NI. That was about 4 weeks ago and nothing since. My checks still aren't showing as completed either.

CSR in England told me to take mine to Custom House and they would contact them in England directly after they had verified my documents as it would speed things up. They did it there and then. Wouldn't surprise me if your documents are still in Moira House waiting to be sent off.
Original post by Jamz115
CSR in England told me to take mine to Custom House and they would contact them in England directly after they had verified my documents as it would speed things up. They did it there and then. Wouldn't surprise me if your documents are still in Moira House waiting to be sent off.

Thanks Jamz. I'm in employment at the moment so in no desperate need of a quick start. Will give it until the beginning of next week - if I still haven't heard anything I'll start asking questions.
Reply 368

Congratulations! Looking forward to meeting you all too. :smile:
That does sound really interesting. Being nosey comes naturally when you work in Child Maintenance so it'll be cool spotting potential tax fraud haha!
Original post by giraffeshat

I got an email today to apply for my AccessNI, and said to follow the link.....but there was no link in it.

I can google to the page, but there are different options, for different checks, and I am a little stuck which one to choose.

I can either apply for a basic check, basic check through responsible body, standard check through a registered body or enhanced check through a registered body

Can anyone advise which check they applied for?

Thanks
Reply 370
Original post by PapaSmurf46
I got an email today to apply for my AccessNI, and said to follow the link.....but there was no link in it.

I can google to the page, but there are different options, for different checks, and I am a little stuck which one to choose.

I can either apply for a basic check, basic check through responsible body, standard check through a registered body or enhanced check through a registered body

Can anyone advise which check they applied for?

Thanks

Mine was the same with no link. The paragraph above the pin in my email said to do standard check through body though. Does yours not say similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMP16
Mine was the same with no link. The paragraph above the pin in my email said to do standard check through body though. Does yours not say similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It did mention that, but just wanted to confirm, just in case I cause any further delays. But if yours is the same I will go ahead and complete that one

Thanks for clarifying!
Reply 372
Original post by PapaSmurf46
It did mention that, but just wanted to confirm, just in case I cause any further delays. But if yours is the same I will go ahead and complete that one

Thanks for clarifying!

Yes its the standard check you go for. Just make sure to request the certificate gets posted directly to CSR rather than your address. If it goes directly to them, it won't delay anything.
Beware, I got the certificate sent directly to HMRC in Newcastle upon Tyne, it got lost (surprise) and as I hadn't posted it myself I had no reference number to help them try to locate it. I had to then request a replacement certificate from AccessNI (you can only have one replacement) which I had sent to my home address, and I posted it myself recorded delivery so I had a record of it! This also seemed to get lost (another surprise) but I was able to give a reference tracking number and also sent them a screenshot of the signature that had signed for it, and hey presto they magically found it. Just got my email today about my pre-employment checks being satisfactorily completed.
Original post by Marko657
Beware, I got the certificate sent directly to HMRC in Newcastle upon Tyne, it got lost (surprise) and as I hadn't posted it myself I had no reference number to help them try to locate it. I had to then request a replacement certificate from AccessNI (you can only have one replacement) which I had sent to my home address, and I posted it myself recorded delivery so I had a record of it! This also seemed to get lost (another surprise) but I was able to give a reference tracking number and also sent them a screenshot of the signature that had signed for it, and hey presto they magically found it. Just got my email today about my pre-employment checks being satisfactorily completed.

When did your pre-employment checks start or when did you supply the evidence?
Original post by Jamz115
When did your pre-employment checks start or when did you supply the evidence?

Got the provisional offer email on 16/08/16, which seems to be the same for most, went to Moira House in Lisburn to hand over qualifications etc on 20/09. So 20/09 I would say it started. Since then they have managed to lose every single thing I have sent, even things that were sent by email. Has been a prettty harrowing experience TBH lol. Firstly they said my details on the online DBS for my passport and driving licence didn't match the hard photo image
they received from Moira House (which they did), then they lost my Health Declaration, which in the end I sent three times by email, then they lost my AccessNI certificate too! I sent the second certificate last Thursday by recorded delivery, got delivery confirmation from Royal Mail on Monday, and got email today about passing pre-employment checks.
Anyone have any experience of passing/failing pre-employment checks for these ongoing campaigns (or any other job with hmrc!) with/because of a criminal record?

I have a few things on my record from a 6 month period 16 years ago. Worried about how this might affect my chances. I sent my DBS certificate to csr on Monday and am nervously awaiting a response. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got the provisional offer email on 16/08/16, which seems to be the same for most, went to Moira House in Lisburn to hand over qualifications etc on 20/09. So 20/09 I would say it started. Since then they have managed to lose every single thing I have sent, even things that were sent by email. Has been a prettty harrowing experience TBH lol. Firstly they said my details on the online DBS for my passport and driving licence didn't match the hard photo image
they received from Moira House (which they did), then they lost my Health Declaration, which in the end I sent three times by email, then they lost my AccessNI certificate too! I sent the second certificate last Thursday by recorded delivery, got delivery confirmation from Royal Mail on Monday, and got email today about passing pre-employment checks.

Yea I was in contact with someone from CSR in England who recommended I take documents etc to Custom House Belfast itself which I did. I then rang the same contact today who confirmed checks had started and they received and verified everything they needed to so ... bit behind yourself overall

Can I ask how you found out they had lost/misplaced stuff? Did they call you? Email you? or did you find out by calling yourself? As it has been a month since I done my access NI and I know my references have been contacted but I've not heard anything and every time I ask, Im just told that my case status is still under checking.
Reply 379
Got my start date today folks! 28/11 in Business: Enforcement and Compliance. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending