The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional&Operational Delivery Higher Officer&Officer Caseworker Belfast

There seems to be a number of threads where we are all trawling through looking for updates on the status of applications etc! How about we all just post here instead for the Belfast posts.

I will start with all the info I have. I got a provisional offer for Belfast as an Officer in Individual and Small Business Compliance on the 12th of May. I filled everything in asap and sent it all off. I have heard nothing since. I have contacted the DBS who STILL haven't recieved an application for me and I have emailed every email address I can get hold of to get an update. Either no response or a simple "We are processing your application" email back.

Sigh.

Can't wait to get started. I like my current job but I am really looking forward to a new challenge and a higher salary! I have also applied for the new trawl for HO. Did a lot better on my test this time (92% compared to 79% the last time!) so here's hoping I do better in the interview!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just wondering how you know which department your going into ie individual and small business? No where on my offer or any other email has this been stated?

Provisional on 6th May..
Reply 2
Original post by Ollie1816
Just wondering how you know which department your going into ie individual and small business? No where on my offer or any other email has this been stated?

Provisional on 6th May..

it stated it in an email I got. The one which confirmed the offer.
Reply 3
Original post by Ollie1816

Provisional on 6th May..

Ollie, by this measure I should get my checks all passed next week! Fingers crossed!
I'm in middle of checks too but I did my interview in April for the HO still nothing bac yet
Reply 5
I didnt even realise the HO had came up again before this trawl. Fingers crossed for you. Got my OH letter today.
Reply 6
Really really hope this is the week we hear something concrete! Wish they'd hurry up with these dates.
Does anyone have a number to contact them? I'm waiting 5 working days on an email back from bssteam and my checks haven't been started yet due to a problem with my name but I don't know what they want me to do next?!
Reply 8
Original post by Padfoot92
Does anyone have a number to contact them? I'm waiting 5 working days on an email back from bssteam and my checks haven't been started yet due to a problem with my name but I don't know what they want me to do next?!

I can't remember the number! I found it on one of the other threads

*edit the number is 03000 539 117 but it no longer works. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
I've emailed them (cc'ed in several CS related addresses) politely asking what's going on and when are they expecting to wrap this up. The "20 working days" deadline has long been and gone. I have a feeling Belfast isnt in too much of a hurry.
Reply 10
This is how they replied to my email asking when they are expecting to give start dates:

Good afternoon

I am sorry we cannot give you any other information until your checks have cleared.

Regards

Didn't even bother to sign it off. So helpful!
Reply 11
Original post by sineadmm
Ollie, by this measure I should get my checks all passed next week! Fingers crossed!

Have you heard anything yet? I got my checks passed yesterday and I am delighted.
I have an offer for an O post in Belfast.
I am just waiting for a start date now and hopefully it won't be too long to wait 😊.
Reply 12
I had to leave in certificates again to custom house square. Unfortunately my GCSE certs were damaged so I have had to apply to have them sent out again. Looks like I am in for a bit of a wait and I hope recruitment don't withdraw my offer because of this! I would go mad.
Reply 13
Has anyone heard anything further? Any news on start dates? I was hoping it would be pretty soon. Fingers crossed.
Reply 14
Checks completed and they'll be in touch shortly re start date! Over the moon this is finally almost over. Hopefully the rest of Belfast will follow suit now :smile:
Original post by hellojo
Checks completed and they'll be in touch shortly re start date! Over the moon this is finally almost over. Hopefully the rest of Belfast will follow suit now :smile:

This happened for me on Friday I'm an O role in Belfast!
Did your DBS cert have a job title on it?
Reply 16
This happened for me on Friday I'm an O role in Belfast!
Did your DBS cert have a job title on it?

Woo high five! Hopefully see you soon then! Just says "Position applied for: higher officer" which is weird cos I got offered O. How about you?
Original post by hellojo
Woo high five! Hopefully see you soon then! Just says "Position applied for: higher officer" which is weird cos I got offered O. How about you?

Mines says tax professional h
Reply 18
Mines says tax professional h

Hmm odd. Although I don't think consistency had exactly been at the top of their list of priorities in this campaign*:h:*

Do you know which department you're in? My provisional offer said individual and small business compliance. *
Original post by hellojo

Hmm odd. Although I don't think consistency had exactly been at the top of their list of priorities in this campaign*:h:*

Do you know which department you're in? My provisional offer said individual and small business compliance. *

:L that's true

Yeah wealthy and mid size business

Latest

Trending

Trending