The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Chances of getting into KCL

What are the chance of getting into KCL to study History BA with just average GCSE results but my AS level results are likely to be AA and I'll be predicted AAAA for A2. I'll have some work experience to help boost my personal statement cause ive got a placement with my local MP for the week while also voluterring to be an electoral observer at the EU referendum.
(edited 7 years ago)
What were your actual GCSE results? if you have good a level grades and good personal statement then GCSEs won't really matter
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Wingsly
What were your actual GCSE results? if you have good a level grades and good personal statement then GCSEs won't really matter

Well I got A star in History, A in English Lit and P.E, B in Maths, Geography, Business and Additional Science then Cs in English Lan and Core Science. I underachieved in Business and Geog. I also got Level 2 Distinction in Core I.T

So you think I'll still have a realistic chance of getting in their then?
(edited 7 years ago)
i think there is a requirement to have a B in english language - to be honest its probably best you actually email/call admissions on that, and if their fine with it I'm sure with good a levels and personal statement you'd have a pretty good chance - but again, you're probably better off actually asking kings
Reply 4
Well I checked the entry requirements for History as well as the overall uni entry requirements and it doesn't say that it's a requirement.
I emailed them just in case and they said there isn't any GCSE requirements which is lucky
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest