The Student Room Group

How can I get signal to my TV?

Moved to a new place. I'm not a tech guy or know the TV language so please keep it on layman terms.

I took my nice expensive and more modern style tv along with its working antenna to my room, connecting the aerial lead to the back of the TV - and there is absolutely no signal. I tested the same thing in the front room and picked up about 40 channels (when I have about 120 or more I think). In a nutshell, I desperately want it to work as normal.

What can I do? Where do I go to solve this? I've heard of things such as boosters/leads/cable etc Can someone direct me as to what my next steps should be in the most inexpensive way? I do have a 'tv/satellite point' attached to my wall apparently, yet the lead that fits that is the telephone lead, the tiny little rectangular shape as opposed to the circle I would require for the antenna.

How can I solve this basically?
Original post by Parx
Moved to a new place. I'm not a tech guy or know the TV language so please keep it on layman terms.

I took my nice expensive and more modern style tv along with its working antenna to my room, connecting the aerial lead to the back of the TV - and there is absolutely no signal. I tested the same thing in the front room and picked up about 40 channels (when I have about 120 or more I think). In a nutshell, I desperately want it to work as normal.

What can I do? Where do I go to solve this? I've heard of things such as boosters/leads/cable etc Can someone direct me as to what my next steps should be in the most inexpensive way? I do have a 'tv/satellite point' attached to my wall apparently, yet the lead that fits that is the telephone lead, the tiny little rectangular shape as opposed to the circle I would require for the antenna.

How can I solve this basically?

The telephone point will probably be for broadband, the circle's are used for antenna's.
Your best bet is to either buy a new antenna with a longer lead or stronger reception.
Or buy an antenna extension cable which you can get for £4.99 from Argos.
Or you could look at getting an antenna installed on your house, leading to most rooms.
It will just be because that particular room does not have good enough signal.
If the TV is that modern it may have a built in antenna.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending