I got 1.2 too, i think 3.33 was for another question
Reply 42
Original post by neevtrehan
I swear e is wrong, I got 1.2 instead of 3.33

I got 1.2, plz be right
I got 1.2 too!
Reply 44
Can you retake chem 4 next year??
Still a bit sore over this. Really needed an A as well this year. Here's hoping AQA will take pity on us and give us a really easy CHEM5 paper.
Original post by M-AC3
Can you retake chem 4 next year??

I'm pretty sure you can

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by kimmii97
Still a bit sore over this. Really needed an A as well this year. Here's hoping AQA will take pity on us and give us a really easy CHEM5 paper.

I hope chem5 is easier too, but isn't it written by the same people?? In which case that seems unlikely unfortunately :'(
Any predictions for grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Questioner1234
Any predictions for grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

90 full ums
83 A* IMO
Original post by BeckaH2
I hope chem5 is easier too, but isn't it written by the same people?? In which case that seems unlikely unfortunately :'(

Yeah, I think it's more wishful thinking on my part :'( But fingers crossed the grade boundaries are low. I mean I looked at and did last years paper and I thought that was hard but I'd have had that over this one any day of the week.
This is my answer for the last question:
image.png
I actually forgot to read and comment on the information about whether it reacts with K2Cr2O7 or not. Luckily my friend said it does react with K2Cr2O7 so perhaps my answer is right.

The rest of the paper was so hard, especially the question on acetal. I hope I didn't mess it up.
I put
HNO3 + CH3COOH = CH3CHONO3+ H2O…
I don't even know is this right
*1 hour before exam
yep im ready AQA! come at me!

*1 hour after exam
Well, id better switch my application to maths
Original post by iselhong
I put
HNO3 + CH3COOH = CH3CHONO3+ H2O…
I don't even know is this right

I put HNO3 +CH3COOH = CH3COO+ + H2O + NO3-
This is because I thought of the HNO3 and H2SO4 reaction in which HNO3 also acts as a base.
Original post by penguinpenny
I put HNO3 +CH3COOH = CH3COO+ + H2O + NO3-
This is because I thought of the HNO3 and H2SO4 reaction in which HNO3 also acts as a base.

your equation is not balanced…
Reply 56
Easiest paper ive ever seen, i really dont see the problem, if any of you need help just dm me, i reckon i got 100% on this, maybe dropped 1 or 2 method marks
Original post by Chaouki
Easiest paper ive ever seen, i really dont see the problem, if any of you need help just dm me, i reckon i got 100% on this, maybe dropped 1 or 2 method marks

I agree, i dont understand how it was harder than any other past paper.
Original post by Chaouki

What did u tick for number of carbon environment??
hey guys im updating the answers as i go along. please let me know if you know the order or marks or answers haha

Quick Reply

Latest