The Student Room Group

PETITION - Lower maths boundaries

Hi everyone. I saw this petition going round which aims to persuade the exam board to lower the maths GCSE grade boundaries.

Please sign it by giving your email and you may choose to remain ANONYMOUS if you wish by clicking on 'Show my name in the online signature list' to remove the tick. No matter what your exam board is, please sign it and the ultimate goal is 100,000 signatures. Please tell your family members and friends to sign using every email they have in order to get more votes.

Thank you.

The link is : http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-edexcel-paper-1h
Reply 1
Never going to happen.
Original post by SaraBZ
Hi everyone. I saw this petition going round which aims to persuade the exam board to lower the maths GCSE grade boundaries.

Please sign it by giving your email and you may choose to remain ANONYMOUS if you wish by clicking on 'Show my name in the online signature list' to remove the tick. No matter what your exam board is, please sign it and the ultimate goal is 100,000 signatures. Please tell your family members and friends to sign using every email they have in order to get more votes.

Thank you.

The link is : http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-edexcel-paper-1h

The exam was no where near as difficult as it was last year. Stop bombarding Edexcel. The decision of grade boundaries doesn't work like that -"oh, loads of teenagers kind of found the exam hard but then some found it easy... why don't we just lower the grade boundaries because they're bullying us on twitter:frown:"

Noo
Why would they lower the grade boundaries? GCSE Maths is straight up not as challenging as it should be, that's why new specs are being put forward to make it much more challenging. The current grade boundaries aren't high enough IMO.
Reply 4
why does every year think they can lower the grade boundaries with a petition......it won't work and never has so just save yourself the hassle
it was harder last year imo and please stop with this nonsense, thats just gonna make edexcel annoyed and they'll make it even higher
Thats for 2015 haha
the grade boundaries are adjusted for how hard the exam was, that's not going to change because of a dumb petition smh

Quick Reply

Latest